Invision Community 4.6.0 Beta 1 is live!

4 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Where has the information gone when you hover over a username, where is used to tell you where the members is currently on the site:

image.png.df1d1b0a6750db396dcc955c98be3425.png

Where it tells your what the member is doing on the forum, it doesn't seem to be on the 4.6 BETA

image.png.839287e2f29bc73d5744c1bf336a6efd.png

Thanks in advance 👍

react_sad.png

7 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Where has the information gone when you hover over a username, where is used to tell you where the members is currently on the site:

image.png.df1d1b0a6750db396dcc955c98be3425.png

Where it tells your what the member is doing on the forum, it doesn't seem to be on the 4.6 BETA

image.png.839287e2f29bc73d5744c1bf336a6efd.png

Thanks in advance 👍

I would like to know too?

And how to get it showing again?

Very, very impressed with achievements. 

Two things I love.

1/ The ability to reward activity by location. This will allow me to award, for example, VFX Expert status to members who post best answer n times in a VFX Q/A forum.

2/ And the following I can see being incredibly popular. My wife was thrilled with it.

image.thumb.png.9cc11602ad74c0ab19c5b691259caf82.png

One small request for future updates:

Please would you consider grouping achievements by named group (same way as you do with custom block authoring) and rendering them to the front end in separate containers identifiable by user nominated class or group name. This will allow us to, optionally, visually separate loyalty type rewards (for example logs in 10 times) from proficiency awards such as receiving an expert award in a video editing Q/A forum.

Either way, very happy with what I have seen so far. Installed on a test server without a hitch and so far I have only seen one small issue with VideoBox custom fields which has been reported to the author.

So I decided to have a go at upgrading the main site on my MAMP install and I thought I would choose to NOT run the new achievements. Upgrade literally took 2 minutes and was very smooth (as it should be on a local install).

Now in ACP I can see that the rank system is still the same as if the achievements was enabled. The only difference being that the points and badges are not shown on the front end. But, I can still customise all the points and badges and the rules? If I'm using the old ranking system, why is it still displayed as points in ACP?

Achievements required

Use new default ranks
Install the new ranks and use the default rules to generate points by posting, following and more.

Keep my current ranks
Retain current ranks and continue increasing ranks just by posting

I cannot see a way to enable the full experience so I guess you must be sure on what you choose before upgrading?

And where have the pips gone if I'm using ranks? 🙄

I'm a little confused, and I'm finding it that I am getting confused a lot this week. 🙁

Edited by Dean_

I had big hope for the "ACHIEVEMENTS" and mainly for this:

As for giving user whom help in our support forums, we do not use "questions" type forum, we use "discussions" type, with enable best answer.

For doing a rule to give the user whom giving best answer, you can not select the forums you want, so it will not work in our case.

Now the hope is gone indeed.

19 hours ago, Dean_ said:

So I decided to have a go at upgrading the main site on my MAMP install and I thought I would choose to NOT run the new achievements. Upgrade literally took 2 minutes and was very smooth (as it should be on a local install).

Now in ACP I can see that the rank system is still the same as if the achievements was enabled. The only difference being that the points and badges are not shown on the front end. But, I can still customise all the points and badges and the rules? If I'm using the old ranking system, why is it still displayed as points in ACP?

I cannot see a way to enable the full experience so I guess you must be sure on what you choose before upgrading?

I'm a little confused, and I'm finding it that I am getting confused a lot this week. 🙁

Crazy!

We can't convert after upgrading?

• Management
On 5/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, Dean_ said:

Go to the ACP page for Rules (then badges and ranks) and do this.

Click in the Import button

image.png

Choose the following files:

For rules: /applications/core/data/achievements/rules.xml
For badges: /applications/core/data/achievements/badges.xml
For ranks: /applications/core/data/achievements/ranks.xml

Then you will have it as per a new install.

Great, I think that’s all my moaning out the way! Makes sense doing a few different installs to actually see it and mess about with the settings.

Are you going to allow us to make custom rules at some stage? I didn’t notice a rule that can be given to someone when they join the community. Instead I had to use the ‘signed in’ rule and set it to 1 minute for a user to be awarded a new member badge. 

I don’t think the rules are complicated per say. But, a few could be redone to make it clearer.