Invision Community v5: An update, and next steps

If you need someone to test a v4 to v5 converter I would be available and happy to test 🙂 (180.000 Post, 4.000 Topics)

The current version 5 looks great! 
I hope that I can continue to use as many new functions as possible in the future as I run a "Classic" self-hosted system 🙂

• Management

Exciting news!

Alpha 2 has now been released, and it's now using our build system which means these installations are upgradable (hopefully 😬) and these are 'real' Invision Community 5 installations.

Renewable Energy Cooking GIF by INTO ACTION

I've sent out a bunch more alpha invites now that the initial round of testing has completed. 🎉

• Management
16 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Is this only on cloud at this stage ??? If there is a self hosted alpha am interested to betatest

Cheers

Only on cloud at the moment so we have a single stable hosting environment for the early rounds of testing. We also have access to databases, files and can easily mass deploy updates.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Omri Amos said:

Is there any public demo site available based on this new version, just to play around with it?

No, IPS previously asked testers not to share their demos publicly, but they are constantly sending invites, so just wait and you will probably get yours very soon.

Edited by aia

Not a sure active member here, but I am planning on starting a new community when IC5 comes out. The new tagging system really piques my interest and I have a few ideas. I would be honored to be included in the alpha testing.

9 hours ago, Chris59 said:

Will there be some updates on Pages app ? or have i missunderstand things here ??

Cheers Chris

The Invision Community Team have confirmed in various topics that Pages will be receiving some love too. 😉

3 hours ago, Kirill Gromov said:

When can we test the developer tools?

We're a way off that yet. A downloadable alpha/beta would need to come well before that point 🙂 

On 7/9/2024 at 8:09 AM, Marc St said:

Much love 🙂  =?

Well , seems everything except pages app got some love. if i have a bunch of articles there is no option to make all this option you can on files, forum posts etc .  no templates to make articles looks like files grid, carousel, listing or whatever view in the page builder . 

Have i miss something ? i did also maked a block with article feeds and still no view options

21 hours ago, Chris59 said:

Well , seems everything except pages app got some love. if i have a bunch of articles there is no option to make all this option you can on files, forum posts etc .  no templates to make articles looks like files grid, carousel, listing or whatever view in the page builder . 

Have i miss something ? i did also maked a block with article feeds and still no view options

I would very much advise on playing with the new ways of doing things before passing judgement. I would say however, I feel that "everything except pages" on what is a complete rewrite of the way in which pages are put together, is a little unfair