Introducing a fresh new vision for Invision Community 5

5 minutes ago, Manuel Molina said:

Has the new feed view been released yet? 

As the feed view is an IPB5 feature, it won’t be available until IPB5 is available   

5 minutes ago, Manuel Molina said:

Has the new feed view been released yet? 

As the feed view is an IPB5 feature, it won’t be available until IPB5 is available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 1:50 PM, Grafidea said:

Is there any approximate release date for version v5 yet?

Originally I had heard March as a tentative release date and as that drew to a close, I read April. Would be awesome to get more regular updates, but I can understands if it gets frustrating for the staff when dates slip and people respond poorly to that delay. Hoping to see some updates soon!

22 hours ago, superaven said:

Originally I had heard March as a tentative release date and as that drew to a close, I read April. Would be awesome to get more regular updates, but I can understands if it gets frustrating for the staff when dates slip and people respond poorly to that delay. Hoping to see some updates soon!

That's always a risk with sharing tentative dates and timelines. Over sharing can cause issues as well since things can change before being finalized. Along with that, you never know what setbacks (or opportunities) will pop up.

I'm always checking for the next update (we were spoiled last fall), but with such a major overhaul, let's let them cook. 

Reading between the lines, it feels like there are some updates being made to core features that should help IC5 hang with some of the more well-known CMS's out there.

The initial goal I saw was releasing a beta before the end of 2023 with a Q1 2024 release. Planning to be an early adopter, I shared with my community an update would be coming in 2024 and hopefully before the college football season in September.

Either I'm clairvoyant or I've been involved with too many development projects 😂

I hope this didn't come across the wrong way. It can be very difficult to provide regular updates when there's so much liable to change.

Can Open Season 2 GIF by Friends

Is the poor design, presentation issue for databases pages going to be addressed?

Currently, I rely on third party solution to address this. Is it true that they will not be supported in v5?

I would love to see if and what you did with v5 pages presentation. 

18 minutes ago, virap1 said:

Is the poor design, presentation issue for databases pages going to be addressed?

We will show more on pages once we are in a position to do this. But of course we believe the design has been improved on. After all, why would we develop it otherwise 🙂 

19 minutes ago, virap1 said:

Currently, I rely on third party solution to address this. Is it true that they will not be supported in v5?

Im not sure what you mean here. We have never supported 3rd party items. If you mean can 3rd party developers develop for the platform still, then yes. In fact we have had blogs out showing how to do so.

20 minutes ago, virap1 said:

I would love to see if and what you did with v5 pages presentation. 

And you will 🙂

Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars

• 3 weeks later...

Wondering if maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel yet? Unsure how development cycles like this work, but guessing if development and testing on v5 isn't winding down, we might not see it in May either. Anyhow, holding my breath for some news, if not a release announcement soon.

🙏

11 minutes ago, superaven said:

Wondering if maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel yet? Unsure how development cycles like this work, but guessing if development and testing on v5 isn't winding down, we might not see it in May either. Anyhow, holding my breath for some news, if not a release announcement soon.

🙏

We're still testing with a few people as of yet. We get you are excited. We are too 🙂 

Coming Soon GIF by Stupendous Studio

2 hours ago, superaven said:

🙏

The product is real and it's coming.  I've been fortunate enough to play with the early alpha version and it's chugging along very nicely.  The new editor is sweet and the UI update is slick.  There are certain areas still under heavy development.  It's not ready for prime time yet, but I've seen many bugs squashed and lots of great polishing being done to the stuff they've already announced.