Hump Day: farewell 😔

Could contain: Word, Text, Alphabet, Logo, Symbol, Trademark

Happy Hump Day! Sort of… 

I have a bit of news to share with you: this will be my last Hump Day as I am stepping down from Invision Community. 😢 

I am transitioning to a new role at Amazon. I’ll be creating content and engagement solutions for AWS

I’d like to take a moment to thank this community for welcoming me with open arms. When I first started my journey as an Invision Community team member, I focused on community advocacy and connecting clients with the team. We quickly realized my, um... exuberance was better suited in marketing and sales. 

Creating content around Invision Community opened my eyes even further to how brilliantly crafted this platform is and the team behind it.

I've also genuinely enjoyed communicating with industry professionals every day who showed interest in adding a community component to their business.

So many incredible Achievements (😏) happened along the way; I’m grateful I was a part of Invision Community’s success as we blazed through the 20-year anniversary. 🎉 

Now, you won’t be rid of me entirely. My own community, BreatheHeavy, will still remain on the Invision Community platform. I look forward to staying connected with all of you here!

Thank you for engaging and interacting with me these last few years. 

Please feel free to PM me here if you have any feedback, questions or well wishes. 😃 

I want to give a special thanks to @Charles for being my mentor and seeing potential in me (even when I didn't). 

And before I go, here’s a list of updates and changes made to the platform in the last seven days:

- Removed any placed widgets from the login and register page. 
- Improved image loading speed in albums or categories with a large amount of images.
- Fixed an issue that may cause slow AdminCP logins if there are a lot of email send failures.
- Added support for TikTok, Twitch, Vimeo and SpotMe online events (Events).
 - Fixed an issue where the create event button may show to members with no permissions for any calendar.
- Mobile navigation links are no longer duplicated when configured as a dropdown menu.
- Fixed the wrong webhook documentation reference to the blog class.
- Fixed an issue where pre-upgrade resource check may ask you to check a default language pack for compatibility.
- Fixed an issue where some moderators may see template errors in the userbar at the top of the page.
- Removed some verbose logging from the PHP 8 scanner.
- Fixed an issue where a future published topic has a different start date than the first post date.
- Fixed an issue where the pages media center didn't support `svg` files while replacing an existing svg file.
- Fixed an issue where attachments may download with an extra file extension when using Amazon S3 to store files.
 - Fixed an issue where some moderators may see template errors in the userbar at the top of the page.
- Fixed an issue when upgrading from legacy versions.
- Reduced the Cloudflare warning on the support page to note issues may arise from specific Cloudflare features only.
- Fixed RSVP stats report not working.
- Fixed an issue where attachments were not saved properly with new support requests.
- Fixed an issue where users could not download attachments from Album Comments.
- Fixed issue where users could receive notifications for content that had been hidden.
- Fixed an issue where hidden linked records were displayed to users with no permission to see them.
- Fixed issue where reporting content on a site with restricted moderators generated an error.
- Fixed issue where switching between plain-text and rich editor on image upload lost text content.
- Fixed the broken event cover image on the overview page.
- Fixed an issue with PHP 8 and the UT8 converter used for legacy upgrades.
- Fixed an issue where the timezone selector would only be correct if adjusted by an author in the same timezone.
- Fixed some untranslated phrases.

Thank you, 🙏 

-Jordan

• Management
5 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I want to give a special thanks to @Charles for being my mentor and seeing potential in me (even when I didn't). 

You will be missed, Jordan. I remember flying out to Las Vegas to meet you and when you ran up to me thinking "oh great, he's a hugger." I look forward to what you can do at AWS and expect discounts.

5 minutes ago, Charles said:

You will be missed, Jordan. I remember flying out to Las Vegas to meet you and when you ran up to me thinking "oh great, he's a hugger." I look forward to what you can do at AWS and expect discounts.

Thank you 😢 

Haha yes I ran up to you like 

scrubs-christopher-turk.gif

Appreciate you mucho. 

• Management
1 minute ago, Randy Calvert said:

So....  does that mean we're about to see Jordan like this:

art can't move GIF

Jordan is a great guy and anyone is lucky to have them on their team. He brings not only his sunny disposition but a really great work ethic and lifts others up around him.

Like I said, we're chaining him to a radiator and I'm swallowing the key.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I thought we agreed that you weren't allowed to leave?

Going to miss you!! Appreciate the chats we had together. 

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

So....  does that mean we're about to see Jordan like this:

art can't move GIF

Lmao. 

image.gif

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Jordan is a great guy and anyone is lucky to have them on their team. He brings not only his sunny disposition but a really great work ethic and lifts others up around him.

Like I said, we're chaining him to a radiator and I'm swallowing the key.

Thanks for saying this!! I really appreciate it. That’s all I ever try to be. 🙏🙏 Same can be said about you. Thank you thank you. 💙