Invision Community 5: The story so far...

• Management

Kind of.

@Matt Finger is working hard on it as we speak. I don't want to say too much but we did a lot of research and picked the best solution in terms of development, stability and future functionality. More news soon. It's probably one most have never heard of but it is used widely. If anyone is worried about us using Froalo or TinyMCE, don't be. 😅

My oh my, how exciting

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

@Matt Finger is working hard on it as we speak. I don't want to say too much but we did a lot of research and picked the best solution in terms of development, stability and future functionality. More news soon. It's probably one most have never heard of but it is used widely. If anyone is worried about us using Froalo or TinyMCE, don't be. 😅

@Matt I’m planning to start a new site. Is the release of v5 close enough that I should just hold off, or should I go ahead and start with the current version and then transition? I don’t want the users to get used to one way and then in a short time change over to a different way and make them mad. 

Believe we're on track to see it release this month? At least that was I was told last in one of my support emails.

Fingers crossed... Wish we had a beta we could play with at least. I'd love to get a jump on getting my theme dialed in as well as explore the new UI and features a bit more closely than what we can gleam off the blog / news entries.

3 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Given there has not even been a closed preview or open preview and that we are a third of the way through March… I would  be highly surprised if there will be something available in download form this month. 

@Matt @Matt Finger accurate?