New Spam Prevention Features

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Do you have some IPs you can share that I can check this with?

I have already deleted all the spam users, in the next days I will post here some of them.

51 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

This will take a LONG time to add all countries.

Are you sure you want to add THAT MANY countries anyway? I suggest you to be careful with that, some "real" users from those countries would maybe like to register to your website and they would not be able to.

14 hours ago, Balto said:

Are you sure you want to add THAT MANY countries anyway? I suggest you to be careful with that, some "real" users from those countries would maybe like to register to your website and they would not be able to.

It's a neighborhood HOA site.  The only allowed members live in this small community.  Are there other downsides to clocking all other countries?

• Management
54 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It's a neighborhood HOA site.  The only allowed members live in this small community.  Are there other downsides to clocking all other countries?

You are trying to use spam prevention for access control which is not what it is design to do. You would be best doing this at a firewall or server level.

On 9/10/2023 at 8:05 PM, Randy Calvert said:

The problem is that when you get beyond the country level, the accuracy of identifying where users are coming from literally craters. I work for a large CDN that bases its business on knowing where users are coming from and I can tell you it’s HARD. The databases (especially free ones) out there are essentially trash and useless. 

What about one level deeper?  Say the equivalent of a US state (CA for example).  Not sure the equivalent in India.  Anything would be helpful.  Blocking 1.4B people to ward off one spammer is extremely blunt.

On 9/14/2023 at 3:56 PM, Balto said:

Most of the spam users who registered today are connecting from a banned country (South Africa and Uganda):

Could contain: Cutlery, Page, Text, File, Spoon

same and 99% of spammers now is from India and some other countries.

Now its working good i think and have 0 spamers after weekend. 

On 9/17/2023 at 7:38 AM, Fast Lane! said:

What about one level deeper?  Say the equivalent of a US state (CA for example).  Not sure the equivalent in India.  Anything would be helpful.  Blocking 1.4B people to ward off one spammer is extremely blunt.

Unfortunately IP blocking quite simply doesnt have that level of accuracy. 

I love the addition BUT I wish you offered an option to either go the Blacklist route and select countries you want to blacklist OR whitelist route which you can select a country or countries to only allow access.

Its a great first step though.. maybe my suggestion might be added in the future.  Would make things a lot easier.