March Release Chat

I think supporting one level of sub-comments (a la stack overflow, or even status updates in IPS profiles) in forum topics and then putting answers to questions as sub-comments would be a great improvement and make it a bit easier to follow the flow of live topics. I've found this one a bit more difficult to follow post-liveness.

Edited by Rikki

48 minutes ago, Olivia Clark said:

Any Achievements enhancements in March or in the future? (From GazzaGarratt before the event)

(Jump to the answer in the video)

Hi, I didn't expect to be around but I was for some of it whilst it was on mute. Here's some feedback if it helps 🙂

Mid-Live on Live Topics:

It had already started and my question had been answered so it I went to press the green timing as i expected to go to the answer but it didn't do anything. Then tried to look at the time I needed on YouTube (the Youtube video wasn't auto playing so i initially thought it had finished). I started the video so it immediately went to live but then realised I couldn't just jump to 6.10 for some reason as the timer was a minus from Live. Therefore if you miss the start it felt like just waiting til it had finished to find my answer.

The questions box below the live YouTube feed looked smart and a great way to see each conversation live. It definitely like watching a live podcast that was semi-interactable.

Like @opentype I tried to watch some of it after it had finished but it forced me out so this could make the user less inclined to watch the rest because it wasn't obvious where it all went.

Post Live reading Topic:

Like @Rikki, its difficult to see multiple questions and responses on the topic. I can't believe I'm saying this as Discord annoys me 😅 but the way they have used their 'topics' which are just like FAQs would be so much easier to follow for something like this (not other stuff btw!). A bit like the collapse/expand function that I've seen on @opentype's Pages template for FAQs. When you click the side question it separates it out but navigation is slightly weird to get back to the overall chat. Infact, the 'live' view of questions would work great if the view was recreated in the Forum module.

I think its still impressive that it moves the conversations to the Forum application virtually straight away, hopefully its just the format/view that is the issue.

Actual event question response:

I don't want to derail the thread as it still feels like a main thread for Live Topic feedback but I'll just give a small response on it.

Please don't take it personally when I say I didn't learn anything new from the response. I know you were going to do an update at some point for Achievements but may have been more meaningful to talk about the specifics I raised on my reply to Olivia pre-event. Ironically Points got mentioned...although I never mentioned it 😅 as I'm not concerned about that at all (because I already get why they are 'hidden' from users and agree why you did it).

Main takeaway was more about two things:

1. How you tackle releases, what is expected in them e.g. enhancements vs bug fixes vs big overhauls. Monthly releases usually mean small improvements but I think at the moment its more heavily weighted to bugs more than anything else. Be good to get an understanding on what you try to aim for each month.
  2. Do we need to change our expectations of what is defined as 'quick' changes? I raised the question as its been well over 1-2 years for one key module to get any updates, small or large, but I think you intimated that its not been long since you did an Achievement update? If thats the case that might help us re-align our expectations of the products modules perhaps?

Hope this all helps in some ways, and happy to make it into a separate thread if my feedback/questions are better that way. Much appreciated 🙂

2 hours ago, Ocean West said:

When are you going to add ChatGPT bots - seems like all the rage.

(Jump to the answer in the video)

Nicely done! @Charles @Olivia Clark

Personally, I'd love to have an AI account chime in with responses on different topics / replying to members. I know that could potentially muddy the conversation, but it could also be pretty innovative! 

Super cool to see this Live Topics feature in action though! 

• Management
2 hours ago, Rikki said:

I think supporting one level of sub-comments (a la stack overflow, or even status updates in IPS profiles) in forum topics and then putting answers to questions as sub-comments would be a great improvement and make it a bit easier to follow the flow of live topics. I've found this one a bit more difficult to follow post-liveness.

Yes, I think this is where we will go. We didn't do this for v1 due to time constraints.