Invision Community 5: Page Builder

On 6/27/2024 at 2:20 AM, Jordan Miller said:

This looks awesome! Can't wait to give this a shot. 

One clarifying question: I presume these widgets and that functionality will work for building a page showcasing Topics? 

I'd love to see what the wallpaper version of Topics looks like. In my head, I'm thinking: a user posts a topic, but is required to upload an image, so that when the topic appears on the feed (on the page I've created), it has an image.

Your presumption is correct! 🤝 Topic feeds will display the "share/embed" image if one exists. For the moment, a placeholder is shown for topics which don't have an image in the first post, but we can revisit that in the future if needed 🙂  Two example screenshots below using Grid and Wallpaper:

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Beach, Coast, Shoreline, Person, Text

Could contain: Text, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Beach, Coast, Shoreline

19 hours ago, Ehren said:

Your presumption is correct! 🤝 Topic feeds will display the "share/embed" image if one exists. For the moment, a placeholder is shown for topics which don't have an image in the first post, but we can revisit that in the future if needed 🙂  Two example screenshots below using Grid and Wallpaper:

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Beach, Coast, Shoreline, Person, Text

Could contain: Text, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Beach, Coast, Shoreline

Can you change the name "Topics", also is there a rough estimate of when we should expect to migrate over to plan things accordingly? Lastly will classic license users have access at the same time as your monthly paid members?

2 hours ago, Achievement In Motion said:

Can you change the name "Topics"

Yes. You can do this in v4 already, and the same feature exists in v5.

On 7/2/2024 at 9:54 PM, Ehren said:

For the moment, a placeholder is shown for topics which don't have an image in the first post, but we can revisit that in the future if needed

Curious, is it possible to add our own custom placeholder image?

• 3 weeks later...

This may have been said before (I'm only recently rejoining the community as of a few days ago, so I apologize), but do we have a guestimate for 5's release? Q4 2024, Q1 2025? 

• Management
10 hours ago, ahc said:

This may have been said before (I'm only recently rejoining the community as of a few days ago, so I apologize), but do we have a guestimate for 5's release? Q4 2024, Q1 2025? 

Q4 2024 is our current estimate.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Q4 2024 is our current estimate.

Great. 

Our community was considering switching to a new CMS, but the changes coming with 5 and the release being relatively soon might convince them otherwise.

Edited by ahc

15 hours ago, HighlanderICT said:

Any estimate on an open Beta we can play around with on our DEV url? Would like to put it on a test site to plan migration from V4 as obviously a lot of differences so time for a significant redesign to our site. 

Not as of yet. As Matt mentioned, we are currently aiming for a release in Q4 2024. The beta will clearly be a little before that. There is little point in guessing exactly when that will be as it depends on the alphas 🙂 

55 minutes ago, Marc said:

Not as of yet. As Matt mentioned, we are currently aiming for a release in Q4 2024. The beta will clearly be a little before that. There is little point in guessing exactly when that will be as it depends on the alphas 🙂 

Well im super excited, our community is awaiting to switch over from another software to invision community 5. While my focus is invision's e commerce the forums side is very nice and the customizable options look great. It looks like IC 5 has been in the works for a very long time. Again, I thank you guys for the time you've put in. 

As a question I'd like to know will Invision Community 5 feature a more ready SEO system? What I'm meaning is actual embedding and meta data. I've noticed with invision community there never has really seemed to be an actual meta data system.

Example of what I'm looking for

Could contain: Text, Page

• Management

Do you mean like this?

16 hours ago, HighlanderICT said:

Any estimate on an open Beta we can play around with on our DEV url? Would like to put it on a test site to plan migration from V4 as obviously a lot of differences so time for a significant redesign to our site. 

August. Our current plan is this:

- Test upgrades on clones of our own sites and convert our custom plugins/apps to v5 to weed out the low level bugs (in progress)
- Have a small group of contributors to be given the zip to install, play with and give feedback for a short period (up next)
- Open beta.