Hump Day: Sneak Peek at Achievements

Happy Hump Day my Invision Community fam! 

Invision Community Achievements:

We wanted to kick off this special post with a preview of Achievements. It's Invision Community's take on gamification with our powerful platform. It's something we're really excited to rollout this year (which does not = December 31st lol). 

We don't want to give away too much about it yet, but feel free to weigh in/ask questions 🙂 

image (6).png

matt.jpg.74d5dcd1f0b89f7eeab1c11aeb08d9a

Fix dump:

Here's what we accomplished in the past week (new changes since last Wednesday's Hump Day post):

- Fixed broken 3rd party ACP permissions on Cloud.
- Added a new Spam Defense option to allow registration but require moderator approval of all new posts.
- Fixed an issue where HTML logic of a page may be stored in the search index.
- Fixed chunk uploading when using Amazon S3 with some S3-compatible providers.
- Renewal invoice warning emails will now show tax included, if applicable.
- Fixed an issue with Member Filters happening when members where filtered by subscriptions and purchases.
- Fixed messenger link still displaying on profiles on mobile devices if the user does not have permission to access the messenger module.
- Fixed an issue converting some types of SMF profile photos.
- Fixed an issue where the width of the layout would stretch, caused by long strings of content.
- Fixed an issue where Member Sync onEmailChange may be called before validation when changing email via validating screen.
- Fixed a typo when flagging a member as a spammer.
- Fixed an issue where the DeleteImageProxyFiles task would never finish or not update its progress appropriately .
- Fixed an issue with the REST API where a GET request to records with a category parameter would result in a DB error.

Important Method Changes:
- Added a `$seperator` parameter to `\IPS\CustomField::displayValues` which can be used to define a custom seperator when displaying multiple values .
- Updated method signature for `\IPS\Node\Model::getLastCommentTime()`.
- Added a `$count` parameter to `\IPS\Content::definiteArticle/_definiteArticle()`. If an integer is passed, a pluralized phrase will be used, if available. You should add pluralized strings for any `__defart_*` strings you've already created. The key should be in the format `__defart_*_plural`.

Invision Community Live Streams

We've also been discussing doing some live Q&As and webinars for you all to participate in. It would give you the opportunity to ask questions in a live setting and visibly see us respond. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in? Before we dive too far into that rabbit hole, we wanted to gauge your reaction and see if you'd like that. Please reply and let us know what you think and also what times would be good for you! 🙏 

And in case you missed it...

39 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

We've also been discussing doing some live Q&As and webinars for you all to participate in. It would give you the opportunity to ask questions in a live setting and visibly see us respond. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in? Please let us know what you think and also what times would be good for you!

I'm very interested. A good time would be when the Apple's keynotes usually start - then we can watch it in Europe too (and if we fall asleep in front of the webcam, your ideas weren't so cool or the webinar was too long).

1 minute ago, Jordan Invision said:

Appreciate the kind words. 🥲 It's going to be a game-changer!

Oh yes, definitely. You guys keep revolutionizing your product and make it more and more awesome. 4.5. is already much more superior than any other forum platform out there imo, but 4.6. will leave the competition so far in the dust, that they won''t be visible in the rear view at all 😄 

All I can say is thank you to all the Team members for their hard work and keep it up. You guys are amazing. :)

26 minutes ago, Claudia999 said:

I'm very interested. A good time would be when the Apple's keynotes usually start - then we can watch it in Europe too (and if we fall asleep in front of the webcam, your ideas weren't so cool or the webinar was too long).

Sweet! I believe the live stream will be available to watch after-the-fact in case you or anyone misses it. They def won't be snoozible I can assure you that! But make sure to get a full 8-hours the night before we do it 😆 

Any further details how points can be obtained? Is it going to be through regular content creation - i.e. number of posts, articles, images, etc.? Or it will be more flexible, for example based on where the topic is located (post in professional category might be worth more than one in humor section), or based on word count or number of attachments? Even better if we can set the weight of points ourselves 🙂

13 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Any further details how points can be obtained? Is it going to be through regular content creation - i.e. number of posts, articles, images, etc.? Or it will be more flexible, for example based on where the topic is located (post in professional category might be worth more than one in humor section), or based on word count or number of attachments? Even better if we can set the weight of points ourselves 🙂

There'll be more details soon, but it's very flexible. We have over 15 different rules built-in right now, for common actions across the community. Most can be limited by quantity and/or location.

Here's a look at configuring a "Award points when a user posts 1000 topics" rule:

image.png

Some rules can award different users too - for example, we have an action that fires when someone votes on a poll, but you can choose to award the voter and/or the poll author. I think this sort of flexibility will open up some really interesting engagement possibilities!

image.png

9 minutes ago, Rikki said:

There'll be more details soon, but it's very flexible. We have over 15 different rules built-in right now, for common actions across the community. Most can be limited by quantity and/or location.

Here's a look at configuring a "Award points when a user posts 1000 topics" rule:

image.png

That looks sooo good! I'm excited.

Looks great, will there be any rewards ability/integrated?  Specifically with commerce.

• Reach a points achievement, receive some $$, gift card, credit, other monetary value.
  • Reach a points achievement, receive a free subscription or product. If already subscribed, receive credit.
  • Reach a points achievement, receive a move to a designated user group.

Just some ideas in my head at the moment for self-hosted customers... j/k 🤣