Invision Community 5: A more performant, polished UI

On 12/17/2023 at 6:44 AM, OptimusBain said:

Will there be any improvements added to the Commerce module in version 5?? Thanks

All in due time 🙂 I would say however that we do have plans with commerce throughout v5, although maybe not for the first release. This has been mentioned a few times in terms of us concentrating more on the monetization of the product once the physical sale items have been removed. 🙂 

13 hours ago, Joel R said:

It's going to be interesting to see how IPS plans to expand its digital monetization

I hope they improve this crazy mess of donations/subscription which works across the spectrum and not just some forums/customers.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, virap1 said:

there is a lot of suspense and all with videos and teasers but some clear roadmap for the v5 and upcoming vision would help me much more.

If they waited till they had everything fully ready, you would not have anything until super close to completion. They’re sharing info as they can… but like anything you don’t want to promise something you can’t deliver. If they THOUGHT they could do a super cool new thing and shared it but it turned out it could not made to be worked fully well, people would blame IPS for the next 20 years about it. (Yes, it really has happened.)

They talk about features once they are comfortable that they’re going to actually happen and that they can deliver on them as promised instead of promising vaporware. 

Thank you @Randy Calvert. Yes, and they are doing a great job. My suggestion was to do a better planning based on their abilities and vision and better communicate those plans and roadmaps. Right now I am paying a solution (pages app) that has terrible presentation solution so I like many were relying on third party plugins to overcome that. My understanding is there is not going to be any plugins in v5, so where does that leave me and others who use the pages app? That is where a road map and communication would help to plan for the future.

• Management
22 hours ago, virap1 said:

Thank you @Randy Calvert. Yes, and they are doing a great job. My suggestion was to do a better planning based on their abilities and vision and better communicate those plans and roadmaps. Right now I am paying a solution (pages app) that has terrible presentation solution so I like many were relying on third party plugins to overcome that. My understanding is there is not going to be any plugins in v5, so where does that leave me and others who use the pages app? That is where a road map and communication would help to plan for the future.

Invision Community 5 is still several months away from a release. We will keep posting blog entries about its development over the coming weeks. Those entries will keep you informed.