Invision Insight: 4.7.7 Beta 4 and a teaser!

3 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

Does cloud provide email hosting as well? In addition to setting up piping email? 

What would be handy is if in the ACP based on my current sites stats usage we could see an estimate - a

It provides outbound email, but it is not a mail hosting service.  Inbound email would have to be processed by API or POP3. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

It provides outbound email, but it is not a mail hosting service.  Inbound email would have to be processed by API or POP3. 

Does it allow MX records to be added etc? I use those for Google email, and Amazon SES which uses CNAMES for sending out from forum. Not that I'm moving just interested how difficult everything would be 🤔

9 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

Does it allow MX records to be added etc? I use those for Google email, and Amazon SES which uses CNAMES for sending out from forum. Not that I'm moving just interested how difficult everything would be 🤔

If you were to move your root domain to our Cloud platform, you can add whatever DNS records you need to it (so long as they don't conflict with what we need to host your community 🙂 ) . If you were to use a sub-domain here on our Cloud platform, you remain in control over your DNS, we just supply you what you need to point the sub-domain here.

In sending email out from your community, we have our own Cloud email sending service that is provided as a part of your package. If that is not something you want to use, you can still use the same options available to you on self-hosted, SendGrid or SMTP (or a third party application API). 

On 2/6/2023 at 2:28 PM, Charles said:

For those of you not interested in cloud, I would love to hear from you. Feel free to PM me your specific situations and concerns. Cloud very well may not be a good fit for you but I would love to learn more as to why it is not so we can evolve as we move forward 🙂

A lot of people run their forum as a hobby and don't make any money from it.  the cloud is too expensive and I prefer to use self-hosted and my servers.  The second thing is configuration.  In some cases, IPS needs to be hosted on its own server due to a number of integrations with other platforms. I'm not interested in the cloud. Your policy is a bit strange because other companies don't hide the purchase of a self-hosted license on their site and the software is the same whether it's self-hosted or in the cloud.  And here I see a typical one-way setting with bonuses for the cloud.

Edited by Grafidea

On 2/6/2023 at 2:28 PM, Charles said:

For those of you not interested in cloud, I would love to hear from you. Feel free to PM me your specific situations and concerns. Cloud very well may not be a good fit for you but I would love to learn more as to why it is not so we can evolve as we move forward 🙂

I will add that most do not live in the American dream, and $ 50 per month for the lowest cloud package is a price from outer space. Other software companies also have their own clouds, but they do not hide the purchase of self-hosted license on their website and the software is identical on the cloud and on self-hosted. Give people the right to choose, because at the moment the cloud is proposed in every possible place.

Edited by Grafidea

Literally one reason I wouldn't look at Cloud... Cost.

It's far too expensive. I looked at moving to Cloud and worked out my yearly costs would be 400% what they are now, including the license fees for the IPS software.

I would love to move to Cloud for the simplicity, but it's far too expensive to be able to justify it.