Hump Day: Improved appearance of the Notification Settings

428.png

Happy Hump Day, fam! 

Been receiving a lot of messages about 4.6 and Achievements. We're near the finish line (I know that's annoying to hear but we're close!).

Why the wait? We absorbed a ton of useful feedback from you and are implementing it 👏 Achievements is turning out even more epic than what we launched here a few weeks ago 😭. It'll be worth the wait (again, annoying I know, but sit tight).

Our talented team of Code Yodas™ (aka our developers) implemented some cool additions that'll make their red carpet debut in 4.6. 📸 

The ones we're highlighting today are the improved appearance of Notifications Settings and Top Files reporting in the ACP. Shout-out to YouTube Short URLs being fixed as well.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Improved appearance of Notifications Settings

You'll notice we're adding more flexibility to control what kinds of notifications show, and incorporating them with the Push notifications feature. 😍 . Thanks to @Rikki for hooking up the screen shot preview!

image.png

Most Downloaded files statistics in the ACP

And for the data junkies, we've also added statistics for the most downloaded files in the ACP. Shout-out to @Matt Finger for this implementation!

image (2).png

image (1).png

Our full list of changes made in the last week:

- Fixed an issue where changing table filters could cause the table to be stuck in loading state due to an underlying error.

- Fixed an issue where Stripe webhook events may fail in some circumstances.

- Account settings will no longer prompt for re-authentication if the account does not have a way of re-authenticating. Applies mostly to custom SSO integrations.

- Fixed an issue where Youtube Shorts URLs would not embed.

- Fixed an issue where API requests may cause an error if referencing transactions from deleted members.

- Improved the appearance of the Notification Settings screen.

- Added support for converting Markdown formatted posts in Vanilla.

- Fixed some issues when converting from Vanilla and your files used to be in S3.

- Added statistics pertaining to the most downloaded files

Lots of exciting things going on here. What's your favorite from the list? Sound off in the comments - we'd love to hear from you! 

14 hours ago, IP-Gamers said:

I understood the hidden meaning of this message. Truth.

It's just that now I feel like a child to whom my dad promised to give a new computer, but after a couple of weeks ... This is very angry!

I feel ya. It's a tough line for us to straddle between being transparent with our Community and letting you all know what we're up to and being more secretive. We'd rather let you guys in and be subject to some criticism (like the wait time for 4.6 & Achievements) versus us doing our thing and our community having no idea about what's going on. 

Don't be angry 🙂 Be happy! Once it's out I suspect you'll be grateful we took an extra bit of time to improve things versus rushing it. 

What do we want? Invision 4.6! When do we want it? Now!  😂 

All jokes aside, I am going to be the one who issues a side of caution. I also would like to play with all the new bells and whistles, but I would rather a reasonably stable, functional product over a quick release with tremendous issues. For that reason, I would like to see Invision push out another alpha (or early beta) here on the live site before even pushing out a public beta. More than a few items have been labeled as fixed in the bug tracker, which I still see relevant here, and since possible significant changes have been made, I think it best we test them out here first. Rushing a release will not benefit anyone in the long run. The moment the first public beta (download) is available, you know there will be those people who will question everything, putting unwarranted pressure on the development.

I just would like to see 1 more notice about an applied update, giving us the chance to dig deep once more before the public beta.

I appreciate all the hard work and time the development team has been pushing through. I also want to thank everyone here who has been helping by providing detailed bug reports. Keep up the good work, everyone. 😇

p.s. Bug reports? Linux-Is-Best what on earth are you talking about? https://invisioncommunity.com/4bugtrack/ <-- If you see something, say something, please.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
missing word

18 hours ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

What do we want? Invision 4.6! When do we want it? Now!  😂 

All jokes aside, I am going to be the one who issues a side of caution. I also would like to play with all the new bells and whistles, but I would rather a reasonably stable, functional product over a quick release with tremendous issues. For that reason, I would like to see Invision push out another alpha (or early beta) here on the live site before even pushing out a public beta. More than a few items have been labeled as fixed in the bug tracker, which I still see relevant here, and since possible significant changes have been made, I think it best we test them out here first. Rushing a release will not benefit anyone in the long run. The moment the first public beta (download) is available, you know there will be those people who will question everything, putting unwarranted pressure on the development.

I just would like to see 1 more notice about an applied update, giving us the chance to dig deep once more before the public beta.

I appreciate all the hard work and time the development team has been pushing through. I also want to thank everyone here who has been helping by providing detailed bug reports. Keep up the good work, everyone. 😇

p.s. Bug reports? Linux-Is-Best what on earth are you talking about? https://invisioncommunity.com/4bugtrack/ <-- If you see something, say something, please.

Love where your head is at! And thanks for the kind words. 🙏