Just experienced 10 minutes of downtime (Invision Cloud)

My site was down for the past 10 minutes. This is the same issue I (and others on the Invision Cloud) have reported many times before. When my site is down, I check and this site is down as well. 

I can't stress enough how fixing these reoccurring Invision Cloud server issues really need to be Invision's highest priority.

Moreover, as in prior instances of my site being down, the issue are tracked at https://status.invisioncommunity.com/ as issues affecting only invisioncommunity.com, and 100% of uptime which is clearly incorrect when my site was down for the exact same amount of time. 

Could contain: Page, Text, Business Card, Paper

Could contain: Page, Text, Symbol

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Text, Page

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, Invoice

Edited by David N.

Posted (edited)

Yes, it was resolved after 10mn, however the big issue is that the downtimes keep reoccurring on the Invision Community in the Cloud service on a regular basis. And on top of that the downtime isn't tracked by the status tracker, which claims there is 100% uptime. 

This is frustrating. I've been complaining about this for a long time, and so have many other users. 

Here's one other example, but there are many others. It's not an isolated event. Here again the user says he has, like me experienced the downtimes many times.

And here was the original thread where I used to keep track of all the downtimes. 😞 

Edited by David N.

While I completely understand your frustration and no one gets that further than our Cloud team who have to wake up in the middle of the night, leave family gatherings, vacations, etc... to get part of Cloud back up and running again. Our team digests each issue and retrospectively sees what we can improve from it each time. They also work proactively to see that new issues don't bring us down in the future. There have just been a series of separate, unfortunate events that you're noticing here, and they have typically been extremely short. We're not talking CrowdStrike outage here 🙂 .

Keep in mind with our monitoring system, our Cloud is a distributed environment across many regions. You and your monitor likely are tied to a specific region and thus noticing when that region has had an issue. Whereas our monitors look at our Cloud as a whole. Our monitor did track the issue for our community here which is similar: invisioncommunity.com Status - Uptime.com . While our external monitors look at Cloud as whole (like many uptime monitors for Cloud platforms do), we do have internal monitors and alerts for specific regions, clusters, and all the way down to single databases. I would not be worried that we're missing when something goes down 🙂 . (We still appreciate any reports you do have when you go down as it is completely possible something could happen specific to your community that a monitor doesn't pick up.)

All and all, the positive news is even with the downtime yesterday, uptime for the month is well into the upper 99%. Which is a typical goal among hosting providers. With all this said though, we want to do better and as mentioned, continue to plan, learn from mistakes, etc... If you have concerns you would like to discuss in private or with a manager, you're more than welcome to send a contact us request in and we can address those.

Thank you for taking the time to answer, I really appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

(We still appreciate any reports you do have when you go down as it is completely possible something could happen specific to your community that a monitor doesn't pick up.)

What I can tell you is that from my experience, every time I notice that my site is down, I come to invisioncommunity.com and it's down as well. I then use tools like https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ or https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime (that last one checks multiple locations worldwide) and often both sites are down worldwide - or in most worldwide locations (for this current issue I did not check uptrends). 

Once I finally notice that one of the websites (invisioncommunity.com or mine) is back up, the other is back up as well. 

I'll keep alerting you if I see any issues in the future. 

Thanks for all your work, it's truly appreciated. 

• 1 month later...