Introducing Courses

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Im not aware of any plans to change access to courses areas on different plans at present

Disappointing. But thank you for the reply.

46 minutes ago, David N. said:

What is the difference in features between the "nobbled version of Courses" and the full enhanced version? I couldn't find that info anywhere. Thanks!

I don't properly recall now - it was six months ago when we tested it. I only recall that we could nothing interesting or of much use to us. It was very limited in functionality. I neglected to test it out previously with a test installation, so I cannot compere the two. If you are interested in this, be sure to request the use of a test installation. Though, this will not inform you of the limitations of Courses in Creator Pro.

I'll have a look back at our internal discussions at the time, but they were very limited because there was little functionality. I will report back if I find anything informative.

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Thanks, @Nathan Explosion. I saw that way back when; I expect that @David N. has seen it too. We both (and he in particular) require more detailed information: a list of actual functions (example installations would be even better).

@David N. I could find no detailed notes. One of our team (who is very experienced in using and managing LMSs) tested out the nobbled version; her impression at the time:

I’ve played around a bit with the learning management system.  Invision positions it as a ‘lightweight learning platform’ and is correct to do so.  It’s also clunky and non-intuitive.  I’ll take a second look at it tomorrow but my initial impression is less than favorable.

She got no further with it the next day.

Edited by Como

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

There isn't currently, what kind of functionality would you be looking for?

Thank you. For me it would be important to be able to create a course along with all sub-elements like media/images, text, quiz via api.

I am have little issue with the course permissions. I set up to permission to allow guests to view the course. But when I try to view it without being logged in, it just shows a message saying "ENROLL TO VIEW LESSONS".

I would love to see that concept expanded to allow us decide how the features will be used when it comes to access level settings. The ability to create of stand alone quizzes would be great too.