Hump Day: 4.6.6 is live!

hump.png

Happy Hump Day, team! 

We just rolled out 4.6.6 today 🔥 Hats off to our developers for smashing this update out of the park!

The update is available for all. We don't expect for you to run into any issues, but please ensure you have working backups. ™️

Sink your teeth into the goodness:

- Upgraded CKEditor to 4.16.2.

- Fixed an issue where it was possible to receive multiple subscription free trials.

- Fixed an issue where creating a member moderator with a visible badge could break the view

- Fixed an issue sending a push notification when a new badge is earned.

- Fixed an issue where `created_externally` flagged accounts may be deleted when awaiting validation, where it may be desirable to keep them.

- Fixed an issue with the AdminCP menu manager not displaying dropdowns in some situations.

- Changed new PayPal subscriptions to not collect previous period charge on next cycle if the previous cycle failed.

- Fixed an issue where the widget data weren't updated while application upgrades.

- Improved online member widgets to show the viewing user when they are not anonymous when the block is cached.

Normally I have more to share, but right now myself and the team are hard at work on putting the finishing touches on our website refresh. The update will blow your socks off! 

And hey, while I've got you, check out our new blog post about an update to Clubs and Activity Streams. Stay tuned!

21 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

- Upgraded CKEditor to 4.16.2.

- Fixed an issue where it was possible to receive multiple subscription free trials.

- Fixed an issue where creating a member moderator with a visible badge could break the view

- Fixed an issue where creating a member moderator with a visible badge could break the view.

- Fixed an issue sending a push notification when a new badge is earned.

- Fixed an issue where `created_externally` flagged accounts may be deleted when awaiting validation, where it may be desirable to keep them.

- Fixed an issue with the AdminCP menu manager not displaying dropdowns in some situations.

- Changed new PayPal subscriptions to not collect previous period charge on next cycle if the previous cycle failed.

- Fixed an issue where the widget data weren't updated while application upgrades.

- Improved online member widgets to show the viewing user when they are not anonymous when the block is cached.

Underlines are duplicated.
Auto-update works perfectly and without issues.

10 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Oh ok, I wasn’t aware of that. I assumed it would be fixed with the next version.

No, Sorry. When there is a bug report there is no guarentee as to which version it will appear in. It depends upon what is involved in fixing the issue, then it being fixed, reviewed, tested, then applied to a version. So it can take some time from bug report to actually being released, depending on where we are in the release cycle. 

Understood. Well hopefully you release a patch because unless I save the notification setting for “content” for every new member (which is a bit annoying for multiple sites) they aren’t getting any content email notifications. So it seems to me that this added feature for 4.6.2 has disrupted the email notifications process for new members. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 10:57 PM, Yamamura said:

Jesus, after updating to version 4.6.6 my forum is super fast. Now the pages open instantly. How did you do that? 🤯👍

I read this the other week and thought nothing of it, but just upgraded today and its super fast. Great, I just hope it wasn't a mistake and it lasts 😃

Edited by marklcfc

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Damn, you got us. We werent supposed to add such fantastic performance improvements 😉  😄 

Seriously though what changed? There was nothing in the release notes to suggest it would be improved speed, unless you finally worked out why the admin account was sluggish compared to normal accounts, as that's the issue I've faced for ages until this release. Keep it like this please 😅

Edited by marklcfc

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

Seriously though what changed? There was nothing in the release notes to suggest it would be improved speed, unless you finally worked out why the admin account was sluggish compared to normal accounts, as that's the issue I've faced for ages until this release. Keep it like this please 😅

Probably some bug that was making some sites slower, that was fixed?

On my end, performance seems the same.