Hump Day: 4.6.5 is officially out! 🎈

4.6.5.1 to be precise 😅

graphic copy.png

Hello, team! Another fine Hump Day is upon us.

In the time since we last chatted, a lot has gone down.

Some pretty great discussions are going on in the Community Manager's Lounge (accessible to members with an active license only 😏). Keep up the good work! It's been super fun to chat with everyone, talk community innovation and see everyones' offices. 😆 

ICYMI - Zapier will be made available for all! Don't miss the big news. 🎉 

Now, for the tea. We just released 4.6.5.1! Have you had a chance to upgrade yet?!

Here are all the updates we've included:

- Fixed downloading files with non-latin character downloaded with corrupt characters in Edge and Chrome.

- Fixed an issue when creating a record in the Admin CP and choosing another member as the author would not fire achievements for that author.

- Fixed an error attempting to copy a topic to a database that is not on a page.

- Fixed the members/follows POST endpoint which would return an error when trying to follow some content.

- Fixed an issue where badge images could be uploaded with the same name, thus deleting one could delete many.

- Added ability to specify `...&_bypassItemIdCheck=1` inside the request URL parameters to a Content Item controller to override the default behavior of checking if the item exists.

- Expired warning points are now differentiated between active warning points in member profiles for improved clarity.

- Fixed an issue where Topics would not refresh when selecting Forums in Fluid view.

- Fixed malformed JSON-LD markup for archived topics.

- Fixed an issue where ranks show on the AdminCP member list when Achievements are disabled.

- Fixed an issue where anonymous users may be cached in Who's Online blocks

- Added delete & merge logic for the logins log on member deletion and when 2 accounts are merged.

- Expired warning points are now differentiated between active warning points in member profiles for improved clarity.

- Set a default value for the 'Time user must wait before download starts' group setting while creating a member group.

- Added Invision Community converters for Downloads & Gallery.

- Fixed some minor issues encountered during an Invision Community conversion.

- Added request headers to log for HTTP requests when using `DEBUG_LOG`.

- Fixed an issue where parent was required but not marked required when updating a forum via REST API.

- Fixed an issue where copying a calendar event with a broken cover image would result in an exception.

- Fixed some missing language strings which would result in a failure while creating a review.

- Fixed an issue with Elastic Search not being able to index anonymous content.

- Fixed a missing variable error while IN_DEV when uploading a new version of a downloads file.

- Fixed an issue where anonymous users may be cached in Who's Online blocks.

- Fixed an issue where a reserved keyword is used (specific to MySQL 8.0.17/18)

- Fixed an issue where a large file description may not save if it is larger than 64kb.

- Made a minor change to ensure the registration page is not cached by a web browser.

- Fixed an issue where legacy deleted posts are not removed correctly when upgrading from Invision Community 3.x.

- Fixed an issue where the notifications page could throw an exception while trying to return notification data from plugins or not existing notification extensions.

- Fixed an issue where the Billing Agreements synchronisation task wouldn't check payments via PayPal Subscriptions API.

- Fixed incorrect timezone detection for users in Argentina.

I know that was a lot to sink your teeth into. Have thoughts? Questions? Feedback? Concerns? Drop us a line in the comments; let's chat! 

34 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Now, for the tea. We just released 4.6.5.1! Have you had a chance to upgrade yet?!

You mean a cup of tea followed by a Fifth of Whisky as a chaser to forget the fact we have yet another dot release followed by another to contend with...

Animal House Drinking GIF

2 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

dots = progress!

There have been four releases today as of the time of this post, only two of which are publicly numbered (4.6.5 and 4.6.5.1). It's best to wait a bit for the oopsies to settle down before downloading and committing to your local code repository.

• Fixes an issue upgrading from older versions of Invision Community
  • Fixes an installer issue in some environments

Yes, it's progress, but not a fan of the hidden progress.

train fixing GIF

12 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

ICYMI

Can we have these acronyms added to the list in Invision Community - you know the ones that are underlined with dots such as ACP - as an oldie I have to go and look them up to understand what they mean.  You can tell I don't text a lot or use SM lol 🙂

10 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

A lot of theme differences on this update... 

Yes, suprisingly for a minor upgrade...

The upgrader says my custom.css is incompatible but it kind of hard to understand why...

It would be nice for the custom.css if the upgrader could tell which part is incompatible...

• Management
1 hour ago, jesuralem said:

Yes, suprisingly for a minor upgrade...

The upgrader says my custom.css is incompatible but it kind of hard to understand why...

It would be nice for the custom.css if the upgrader could tell which part is incompatible...

During the build process, some of the line ending characters changed. It's safe to just keep using your custom.css when asked.

1 minute ago, Daniel F said:

No, but I've picked your ticket and we'll get this fixed for you:)

I'm also happy to give you all the access you need to try and sort it however I'll need my poor judgement of install folder for the test migration rectified.

Just let me know how much $$ to change it.

4 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Might just be me, but I cannot run the update from ACP or from client area.

URL / ips_4a541
Error: Your download link has expired or is invalid. Please try again.

@Jim M @Matt

Sorry for that, please try again. We were moving some pieces on our end.

3 hours ago, Arcade King said:

Hopefully this resolves the migration issue from VB5 to IPB4. I did a test migration and nobody could log in with their old passwords from VB5.

I did the same migration 2 years ago, i have to say i don't regret it at all.

I had a few minor issues with the converter but the support team solved them quickly an ddon't even remember most of them.

• Management
4 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Might just be me, but I cannot run the update from ACP or from client area.

URL / ips_4a541
Error: Your download link has expired or is invalid. Please try again.

@Jim M @Matt

Sorry - that was my fault. I was doing backend server upgrades that host this site and our various backend functions like building zips for download.

But things should be faster and more secure now so there's that!

2 hours ago, Charles said:

Sorry - that was my fault. I was doing backend server upgrades that host this site and our various backend functions like building zips for download.

But things should be faster and more secure now so there's that!

Thank you kindly good sir! ☺️