Invision Community Insight: Spam improvements are on the way!

☀️ Welcome to this week's Invision Community Insight! ☀️

Thank you for checking out this quick, round up post. It's hard to believe that we are entering into a new month! I hope your week as been pleasant. 

Current Happenings

The August release will be ready late this month just as it was in July. A few of you have asked about Spam improvements. Those will be in an upcoming release ... August if we are lucky. 🤞

Our update is brief again this week. Version 5 has been a big focus for our team so far this year and we are making great progress! We will begin sharing non-technical updates soon and once we do, I'll share those here.

Changelog

With that said, changes for version 4 are limited for now but for those that like to see what we are up to line by line, here is the changelog for the week for version 4. 

Core:

- Fixed an issue with ACP notifications for PII & Deletion requests.

Forums:

- Fixed an issue where a redundant message may show when a closed topic is archived.

Cloud:

- Fixed an issue where live topic creation fails if the Events app is disabled.

On 8/4/2023 at 4:33 PM, All Astronauts said:

{{if user.content.count < 6 && post.content contains (anything that even vaguely appears like a URL)}}

Happy David Lynch GIF by Jason Clarke

{{endif}}

Not just post content.  We have MASS #'s on spam accounts with no spam just just drop url ridden info in profile fields (incl profile photos).

16 hours ago, Fast Lane! said:

Not just post content.  We have MASS #'s on spam accounts with no spam just just drop url ridden info in profile fields (incl profile photos)

Profile "about me" stuff was rampant a few years back. And phone number parsing is easy enough.

As bad or not bad as it may, you are probably not targeted directly. When you get ID'd as a primary target for a spam campaign due to the content your site puts out (niche, whatever); that's when it gets fun (for some values of...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 5:24 PM, All Astronauts said:

Profile "about me" stuff was rampant a few years back. And phone number parsing is easy enough.

Still the most prevalent for me, and I don't get notified, they have no approval process, etc. I was just looking today to see if there was some way to curb "About Me" spam…