Invision Community Insight: Happy Friday and Happy St. Patrick's Day

🍀 Welcome to this week's Invision Community Insight!🍀 

Thank you for checking out this weekly round up post. I hope you have had a wonderful week! To those who celebrate, Happy St. Patrick's day to you. I hope you are wearing green 😉 In the comments below, feel free to say hello and let us know how this week is treating you. 

From the Invision Community team...

Current Happenings

Changes for Gallery, Events and Clubs in the upcoming April release has been shared in a recent blog. Feel welcome to join that discussion. 

Enhanced Services Add-on

We are now selling our new Enhanced Services Add-on for our cloud plans. If this interests you, or perhaps you are looking for other additional services, reach out to us at sales@invisionpower.com so we can determine what will work best for you. If you have been thinking about switching to cloud and would like some help determining if that is a fit for you, let us know. I am happy to work alongside you for both of these services. 🙂

On Deck

In case you have totally missed it, Live Topics is set for beta release in April. We will share a blog soon.

Our next scheduled event (which will use our Live Topics feature) is our April Release Chat. Follow and add that event to your calendar so you can join us. 

Peeking Ahead 

Our statistics and reporting improvements are nearing completion as well. A blog entry will be shared soon.

We are developing our Courses and Lessons application. If you want to help shape this feature, join in that discussion to share your ideas and use cases with us.  https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/472307-courses-and-lessons/#comment-2934996

Finally, for those that like to see what we are up to line by line, here is the changelog for the week.

Changelog

Core

- Added support for Emoji 14.

- Improved the database checker to change member id columns to BIGINT if they are nearing a limit.

- Fixed an issue where deleting a post from a hidden topic could remove the topic from the activity streams.

- Fixed an issue where the same emoji may show in the shortcode popup more than once where the name is the same.

- Hid ACP statistics blocks for Clubs when Clubs are disabled.

- Fixed an issue where users could edit comments that were hidden by a moderator.

- Hid member-menu in ModCP Approval Queue when reviewing content posted by guests.

Commerce

- Fixed an issue where it was possible to create paths that conflicted with system folders.

- Fixed an issue where comment counts displayed in the record feed when comments were disabled.

Downloads

- Removed an unnecessary `span` tag from the rows template.

- Added the moderator checkbox to grid view as it was previously missing.

- Added status badges (pinned, hidden, etc) to the grid view.

Gallery

- Now, when searching for images via the "Insert other attachment" editor option, searching by album name returns images from that album.

Events

- Fixed an issue where recurring events would time out for some locales and languages.

- Fixed an issue where venue events may not show on the happening near me map.

GraphQL, REST, Webhooks and Zapier

- Removed the reference to the `ipAddress` in the Members REST Endpoint documentation.

- Fixed an issue where API calls to `/core/members/{id}/warnings` did not work if a reason was specified.

12 minutes ago, Amy Pond said:

The updates are released also for the selfhosted version, then I thought that the new features would apply to it to. 

Brand new features are mostly only cloud. Most of the new features that are in the cloud are of no interest to me because they are not needed in my forum.

Edited by Grafidea

39 minutes ago, Grafidea said:

Brand new features are mostly only cloud. 

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect.  

85% of features released have been for everyone.  The features that are actually "cloud only" are that way because it requires stuff that does not typically exist in a regular web hosting environment.  @Matt explains this pretty well in the following topic:

Just now, Grafidea said:

It's not just about that.  The new features are simply to encourage you to use the cloud.

Not to be rude, but yes...  that's kind of the point.  Business do that.  They introduce new features to get you to use their stuff. 😉 

ESPECIALLY the services that have higher margin and lower support costs.  

9 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Not to be rude, but yes...  that's kind of the point.  Business do that.  They introduce new features to get you to use their stuff. 😉 

ESPECIALLY the services that have higher margin and lower support costs.  

Only these cloud functions do not encourage me, I do not need them in my forum.  These features are more aimed at business, no hobby forums.

• Management
4 hours ago, Grafidea said:

Only these cloud functions do not encourage me, I do not need them in my forum.  These features are more aimed at business, no hobby forums.

I am not sure I agree there. Even hobby communities can take advantage of new features. You have to move forward if you don't want to get left behind 🙂

On 3/17/2023 at 10:01 PM, Grafidea said:

Most of the new features that are in the cloud are of no interest to me because they are not needed in my forum.

Then why this comments…? No interested, simply ignore cloud option and stop all the comments- sorry but it is a subjective point of view. 

On 3/18/2023 at 2:47 PM, Charles said:
On 3/18/2023 at 2:08 PM, Amy Pond said:

Unfortunatly, I'd like to do it but it's really too expensive... 

I would love to chat about your concerns there. Feel free to PM me 😀

Is that mean you can do something with prices, I have contacted several times for a best price you can do for Creator and generous credit as was discussed in live topic and still waiting for answer. As well the only answer regard prices was “We only offer the prices listed on our site at this time.”

1 hour ago, Edjazoli said:

Then why this comments…? No interested, simply ignore cloud option and stop all the comments- sorry but it is a subjective point of view. 

Is that mean you can do something with prices, I have contacted several times for a best price you can do for Creator and generous credit as was discussed in live topic and still waiting for answer. As well the only answer regard prices was “We only offer the prices listed on our site at this time.”

Is it a bazaar, a market that you want to negotiate prices? - sorry but it is a subjective point of view. 

It’s look like you missed the point and live topic few weeks ago where Charles officially said that “generous credit” will apply if users will move to cloud…No one said it’s a bazaar, normally before we making kind of sarcastic comments we gathering correct informations etc, not like a kids in the sandpit. Over and out. 

@Edjazoli We do not offer discounts on the plans themselves but do offer the conversion from self hosted to Cloud for free plus an account credit after the conversion is complete to give up your self hosted license. If we did not tell you this or perhaps you have questions or specific requests, please do email again.

What @Randy Calvert said 😉

I know and never asked about monthly discount etc, so no idea why people saying that I’m kind of think about market or bazaar etc???? I simply said that I asked what credit will apply to my plan….that’s it, nothing more, nothing less. And that was the reply….

Only asked for kind of, say  “discount” as black on white “ Charles said he will apply “generous credit”…this is why I send emails as he asked to ask for it and it’s end up with no proper explanation- sorry for any kind of misunderstanding.

1 minute ago, Olivia Clark said:

understand and I now see your email where that answer was not provided. I'll follow up with you there.

I thought if I will ask, you will easily link/ see my account and you will give me some provisional number so we can start from there. 

2 minutes ago, Edjazoli said:

Only asked for kind of, say  “discount” as black on white “ Charles said he will apply “generous credit”…this is why I send emails as he asked to ask for it and it’s end up with no proper explanation- sorry for any kind of misunderstanding.

I thought if I will ask, you will easily link/ see my account and you will give me some provisional number so we can start from there. 

Thank you for emailing and for mentioning this here. I apologize for the confusion!

You are correct. The credit is based on what you pay/have paid so we will check your account and reply to your email. 

I do help with the conversion process so should you choose to move forward, we will speak again. 🙂