Hump Day: what events would you like to participate + engage with?

Could contain: Word, Text, Alphabet, Logo, Symbol, Trademark

Happy Hump Day, team!

Did you check out the Events blog yet? If you haven't, give it a read because... we're leaning in. 😎 

The Invision Community team wants to add a few online events to our Calendar.

These events will center around:

• Best practices regarding community management
  • Features of the platform you'd like more clarity on
  • Have another idea for a topic? Feel free to weigh in

If interested, you will have the chance to RSVP to the event. More on that to come.

We want to host events that YOU actually care about.  

Please take this opportunity to leave a comment with a topic you'd be interested in us covering in detail. We'll take a look at the replies listed and assess. This is a great time to use your voice and help guide how we engage with you, so don't be shy! 

---

Here is a list of platform updates made in the last seven days.

One update that I want to shine a bright light on is the ability to prune PMs. We added a setting (that is off by default) where Admins can prune PMs that haven’t had a reply in > X days. It's our effort to help you stay organized, on top of private messages and de-clutter your inbox. It will be available in a future release (more on that to come as well). 

- Fixed an issue where the forums pagination response returned all forums.
- Fixed an issue where promote custom date would throw an error when empty. 
- Fixed possible duplicate notifications for new version updates.
- Fixed an issue where invoice renewal warnings may not show the proper currency symbol.
- Fixed some grammar issues on the Marketplace pre-upgrade page.
- Removed some verbose logging from the PHP 8 scanner.
- Fixed an issue where clicking in an AdminCP editor may fire a request to the backend that isn't needed.
- Improved various AdminCP areas to return you to the page you were on after performing an action on a payment/transaction.
- Fixed attachments not showing when uploaded to the editor when searching is disabled on a database.
- Fixed an issue where the "Allow new registrations" setting would be missing a value.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

ICYMI:

11 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

One update that I want to shine a bright light on is the ability to prune PMs. We added a setting (that is off by default) where Admins can prune PMs that haven’t had a reply in > X days. It's our effort to help you stay organized, on top of private messages and de-clutter your inbox. It will be available in a future release (more on that to come as well). 

Praise be!  My community has almost a million private messages from over 20 years.  One thing that would be handy to have is the ability to remove PMs from those who have not been active in XX time. 

2 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Praise be!  My community has almost a million private messages from over 20 years.  One thing that would be handy to have is the ability to remove PMs from those who have not been active in XX time. 

Sounds like this will come in super handy for you! And also woah, a million 😱 

4 hours ago, Charles said:

Please don’t encourage him. He would actually do it. 

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

/me whistles innocently

It wasn't me!  I swear! 

(But clients can't comment on events here!  So I can't show any appreciation there.)

1 hour ago, Matt said:

200.gif

Lmaooo. 

Adele Happy Crying GIF

What about the other 364 days though. 😼😜