Upgrading to v5 for non-Classic license owner

Even if we are just using the forum? I think it is a ridiculous and far-fetched situation.

and that also

Licenses that expire without payment will immediately lose access to support, upgrades, spam prevention, geo location, and more. Licenses left expired for more than 24 months will be expired permanently and cannot be renewed, but you may purchase a new license for full price

Not everyone can afford to pay $200 at once. I think it's time to move on to another forum...

2 minutes ago, Feneroin said:

Even if we are just using the forum? I think it is a ridiculous and far-fetched situation.

I'm afraid, version 5 no longer parts out the applications. It is required to have all of them to operate as they are dependent upon one another now for a better community product/experience. The Classic license takes this in mind and also other factors of the software maturing to a point where we want to keep self-hosted but also ensure it is a viable product for both our customers and us for the foreseeable future.

6 minutes ago, Feneroin said:

Not everyone can afford to pay $200 at once.

We certainly understand that and why it is an annual license. You certainly don't have to upgrade right now unless you want access to version 5 beta. We plan to support version 4 for probably at least a year or so issuing security releases so you can certainly stay on version 4 till the time is right to upgrade.

We also see that $199/year is great value for our software. Even if you had just forums on our previous license structure, you're paying close to $100 per year to have that. For $99 per year more, you can have everything we offer and potentially recoup a lot of that with extra features/services you can offer your members. That previously would have been significantly more money, at $300/year.

On 10/11/2024 at 9:43 PM, Jim M said:

We also see that $199/year is great value for our software. Even if you had just forums on our previous license structure, you're paying close to $100 per year to have that. For $99 per year more, you can have everything we offer and potentially recoup a lot of that with extra features/services you can offer your members. That previously would have been significantly more money, at $300/year.

I do not agree. Because until now I was paying 40$ for 6 months of support and updates(using only forum). Moreover, after the period was over, I could make my next payment after 2, 3 or even 4 years, to get the new update, I was comfortable for years by paying 40$, but now you are starting to force us for 200$ every 2 years. I am sorry, I will give up the IPS forum that I have been using since 2007 and I know that I am not alone, and I will not be. Most people still do not know that "If we do not renew the license by paying 200$ after 2 years of the license expiration, it will be canceled and then we will have to pay 500$ to get a new license". IPS Team is destroying itself, unfortunately...

15 hours ago, Feneroin said:

I do not agree. Because until now I was paying 40$ for 6 months of support and updates(using only forum). Moreover, after the period was over, I could make my next payment after 2, 3 or even 4 years, to get the new update, I was comfortable for years by paying 40$, but now you are starting to force us for 200$ every 2 years. I am sorry, I will give up the IPS forum that I have been using since 2007 and I know that I am not alone, and I will not be. Most people still do not know that "If we do not renew the license by paying 200$ after 2 years of the license expiration, it will be canceled and then we will have to pay 500$ to get a new license". IPS Team is destroying itself, unfortunately...

Sorry to hear you are looking to leave us. Of course, it will not be suitable for everyone, and we understand that. We have changed the way in which our license structure works, in order to ensure this is a sustainable product going forward.