The forum is down due to an update

Hi all,

I clicked on update button, everything seemed to be OK, but then it turned into the never-ending processs.

I can't login neither to site, nor to the Admin panel.

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Access denied for user 'f282848'@'172.31.5.85' (using password: YES)

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Just now, Randy Calvert said:

This means the info provided to IPB to connect to the mySQL database is incorrect.  (The values are in the conf_global.php file.)

You need to work with your host to confirm the username, password, database name, and the server information is correct. 

Thank you for your info.

My host is Invision )

@Marc @Daniel F, guys, please help us. 🥰

I am getting the exact same error after the update and even got the error by my count at least about 20 or 30 times during the update, had to hit try again each time to complete it.  So I will also be needing a ticket opened for this.

Oh and it seem now whenever I go to the support section of my boards in the AdminCP it will keep asking me to log in again.  At one point it did that about 6 times in a row.  Something definitely broke with this update.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Edited by solemcleavu

10 minutes ago, solemcleavu said:

I am getting the exact same error after the update and even got the error by my count at least about 20 or 30 times during the update, had to hit try again each time to complete it.  So I will also be needing a ticket opened for this.

Oh and it seem now whenever I go to the support section of my boards in the AdminCP it will keep asking me to log in again.  At one point it did that about 6 times in a row.  Something definitely broke with this update.

if you go to /admin/upgrade does it allow you to complete the upgrade there?

Hello, invision asked me to update the system but since I started the procedure it only gives me these errors and I am using my credential with which I purchased the license and user with full Admin.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

We had the same issue. Just kept clicking try again about 50-60 times and it finally finished. Then we saw 500 errors randomly when click on topics (like every 3rd or 4th click). Reached out to support, they did something and it appears better now. Chatbox was also disconnecting constantly, so we turned it off, then back on again after they asked us to try again. It's still disconnecting randomly. Not sure what this update did, but in over 10 years we never had this issue with upgrades.

4 hours ago, Marc said:

if you go to /admin/upgrade does it allow you to complete the upgrade there?

The upgrade completed but like what iancassel who just posted above me stated I had to hit “try again” almost constantly to get it to finish and afterwards it was just sporadic while browsing the topics on my boards.

7 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

It's working for me. Are you still seeing the DB error?

I have already finished the update after thousands of attempts but it still gives me errors when I click on the forum functions, for example: