Improved search ?

Philooo

Members of my community complain about the difficulty in finding information with the search integrated into Invision
They tell me that they find what they are looking for more easily by asking for their keywords in Google and adding the name of my site ...

Apart from the Elastic Search option offered in the Admin, is it not possible to integrate a Google search as proposed by Google in its Adsense offer for example?

On 9/12/2024 at 7:29 AM, Philooo said:

Members of my community complain about the difficulty in finding information with the search integrated into Invision
They tell me that they find what they are looking for more easily by asking for their keywords in Google and adding the name of my site ...

Apart from the Elastic Search option offered in the Admin, is it not possible to integrate a Google search as proposed by Google in its Adsense offer for example?

That is using Google's infra to perform search which uses a plethora of features from software to hardware to caching to faceting to document search to photo search to  translation to AI search...

IC uses MySQL search and even obeys MySQL's FT_MIN_WORD_LENGTH default of 3 chars (search terms shorter than 3 chars are not searched).

A poor-man's search functionality was suggested here to use Porter's PHP Stemming class (includes plurals and other variations) along with a Thesaurus dB for synonyms in PHP itself to offer powerfull full-text search for free (most sites don't need Elasticsearch) -