Hump Day: what is your New Year's Resolution?

hump copy.png

Hey team, happy Hump Day! It's officially the last one of 2021. 😢 

But there are many more to come (don't all cheer at once) 😆!

New Year's Resolutions tend to be hit or miss for many. I personally love them because I love moments in life where we can set a new goal during a time of renewal. The beginning of a new year feels transformative. 

Please share your New Year's Resolution(s) in the replies. It doesn't necessarily need to be community-related. I think if you accomplish a goal, it will translate to a better community anyway; everyone wins!

We can fire up this topic in a year from now and see how things went. 

I'll start: mine is to be more fully present. Oftentimes I get carried away with a goal and thinking about the future that I forget to stop and smell the roses. I'm looking forward to being in the moment more... whatever happens happens. 

How about you? Looking forward to knowing more about you!

Here is a little roundup of updates and fixes from the short holiday week. 👍 

- Fixed an issue where streams limited by tags did not show any results when using Elastic Search.
- Added ability to allow adminitrators to fire webhooks for specific events.
- Fixed a minor issue when converting soft deleted topics from MyBB.
- Added ability to allow administrators to fire webhooks for specific events.

Happy New Year! 

More no-media days in 2022:

• No radio in the morning: I start the day with silence.
  • No smartphone to pass the time: I abstain from messengers like WhatsApp. I put my smartphone in flight mode.
  • No computer wasting time: computer work is OK, of course, but I keep my hands off cat videos, Twitter and other stuff. I switch off the desktop when I do not work.
  • No news consumption: I take a break from dealing with other people's trivial problems. My radio station in the car is in Swahili, I just listen to the music and don't understand the news. 
  • No TV: I keep it turned off. When I lie down on the sofa, I just relax. 
  • No media for sleep aid: I end the day with silence. 

I was surprised how restful such days can be, and I plan to set up more such days next year.

New Year Ny GIF by Sky

9 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

More no-media days in 2022:

• No radio in the morning: I start the day with silence.
  • No smartphone to pass the time: I abstain from messengers like WhatsApp. I put my smartphone in flight mode.
  • No computer wasting time: computer work is OK, of course, but I keep my hands off cat videos, Twitter and other stuff. I switch off the desktop when I do not work.
  • No news consumption: I take a break from dealing with other people's trivial problems. My radio station in the car is in Swahili, I just listen to the music and don't understand the news. 
  • No TV: I keep it turned off. When I lie down on the sofa, I just relax. 
  • No media for sleep aid: I end the day with silence. 

I was surprised how restful such days can be, and I plan to set up more such days next year.

New Year Ny GIF by Sky

Wow!! Love these!! 

I got a lot of notifications this year that my screen time was up so I'm on the same page. Appreciate you participating! 

React less, help more - the world needs more helpers.

Live for the moment - if you worry too much about tomorrow you will not enjoy today.

Worry less about anything - if something is going to happen it will happen whether you worry about it or not.

Try to drink less fluids after 8:00pm - so I don't spend half the night getting up for a  pee.

Eat more fruit and veg and less processed foods - having been diagnosed with fatty liver disease.

And lastly, stop getting older - the clock's ticking lol.

56_w.png.b2bb4427937dfc625432f2b166f725bd.png