Anchor links to a specific post in a thread not working?

Sometimes, an anchor link to a specific post (generated by clicking on the date of a post) doesn't work as expected. 

For example you post that anchor link in a post in the thread, and when clicked, it takes you to the first post in the thread rather than the specific post you linked to. 

The weird part is that this issue occurs only when you post the anchor link inside a post in the thread. If you paste the link in the URL field of the browser and press Return then that same link does take you to the correct post. 

Has anyone noticed that? 

This is the second post in the thread

This post is for troubleshooting purposes only

This is the third post in the thread

This is the fourth post in the thread

I cant say Ive ever seen this happen on this end, no. The link itself would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you add it to the addressbar, or click on it. The only thing that could really affect what it does with that, as far as I can see, is the browser itself.

Ok so the issue is a bit more complex than I originally thought. 

It seems like the link is not going to the correct post when I test it right after I posted it myself. But if I later come back to this page and test it, it does work as expected. 

I'm not sure how that works exactly. 

@Marc maybe you could try it for yourself: Control-click one of the Posted 15 minutes ago timestamp, choose Copy Link Address and paste it in a new post. Now click it right after you've posted it, and it will take you to the wrong place...

14 minutes ago, David N. said:

@Marc maybe you could try it for yourself: Control-click one of the Posted 15 minutes ago timestamp, choose Copy Link Address and paste it in a new post. Now click it right after you've posted it, and it will take you to the wrong place...

Actually I have been following what you were posting in the testing area and checking those. Im not seeing any issue at all on this end

OK!! I finally managed to catch an example of this on video. I click a link to Matt's post Matt's post appears further down in the viewport. I then click the timestamp on Matt's post (same exact URL I just clicked) and this time it puts Matt's post at the top. I went back and did it a second time just to make sure. 

Weird issue. 

A couple minutes later, I revisit my post and click that 'here' link again and now it works as expected. 

Edited by David N.

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce that with that exact post/topic. Are you scrolling or doing anything while the page loads? Any extensions loaded on the browsers? Ultimately, while we are not denying it is happening to you, there are a few people who can't reproduce this so wondering if this is local to your computer or there are more actions happening..

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Are you scrolling or doing anything while the page loads?

No, nothing at all except for clicking the 'here' link or the timestamp. Weirdest thing. 

24 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Ultimately, while we are not denying it is happening to you, there are a few people who can't reproduce this so wondering if this is local to your computer or there are more actions happening.

Yeah I agree that makes sense, let's let this one slide unless someone else reports the same issue or can reproduce it.  Thanks anyway!