Javascript problem after upgrade

modman
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Many things are not working on the site, surely after the update also because no other changes have been made.

The form on the homepage does not work, as well as the search, i'm unable to changhe language and everything related to Javascript, Jquery, ecc.

Repetitive errors in log:

I noticed these errors in the console:

Check to ensure that the permissions on your uploads folder and all sub-folders are writable. You are getting a 404 not found on the Javascript file responsible here for a lot of these interactions so this would likely indicate it cannot be generated when rebuilding cache and resources.

since no one has done anything, how could these permissions on the folders have been modified? finally how should they be set or how can I verify if they are correct? does IP.Board have a verification tool?
Thanks

14 minutes ago, modman said:

finally how should they be set or how can I verify if they are correct? does IP.Board have a verification tool?

You will want to contact your hosting provider to find the correct permissions and ownership for your files to make them writable.

15 minutes ago, modman said:

since no one has done anything, how could these permissions on the folders have been modified?

We would not be able to answer that. We are simply trying to help you troubleshoot. Your hosting provider and whoever else has access to your server would be the ones to ask that question as the software cannot change that.

Just now, modman said:

Can be a Cloudflare problem? 

because now that I think about it the only thing I did was remove the cache in Cloudflare, could this have contributed to the problem?

You may wish to remove CloudFlare for any troubleshooting. Caching can cause misleading issues.

Now deleting the cache has solved everything, I had done it twice as soon as I noticed the error, both in IP.Board and in Cloudflare, but it had not worked, now it does.

To try, I also temporarily disabled Cloudflare... but nothing.

I don't understand but it works fine.

So the problem was not related to the folder permissions...

• Solution

Glad to hear you resolved it. Likely at some point it failed to generate as clearing cache in our software will regenerate the file. It may have just been a temporary issue on your server or otherwise that then got cached by CloudFlare 🤷‍♂️.

On 9/17/2024 at 1:14 PM, modman said:

I don't understand but it works fine.

With major website changes including updates and changing images, you may need to clear the ACP cache, Cloudflare CDN cache, and your web browser's cookies and cache files. Purging a CDN cache can take a few seconds, and certain applications may also temporarily cache your site which might take a few minutes for them to automatically clear. If you're testing changes, it could be a good idea to temporarily toggle Cloudflare's Development Mode to Temporarily bypass the CDN cache under Caching -> Overview -> Quick Actions.

yes I did it and I solved the problem but after a while it came back to me, honestly I didn't understand why, but I think there is something in the settings of my Cloudflare rules that is not right in fact I had to deactivate them to not run into this problem again, actually I'm looking for someone to configure Cloudflare correctly because I think you can get more and not have problems