Issues with message status updates and email notifications

I would like to report two issues.

The first issue occurs in the inbox. When we have a conversation with a user, we can see the status of when the user has read the message. If we delete the message, the status should update to indicate that the user has left the message, which usually works correctly. However, if the user empties their inbox, the status does not update to "left the message" but remains as "active." This causes the user we are conversing with to think we are still in the message. They send another message, which is not received because the original message has already been deleted.

The second issue is with email notifications about new messages. I use an external SMTP server for sending emails, and test emails are delivered correctly. However, one user experiences a problem where, after I send them a message and they reply, they receive an email notification. For any subsequent messages, they no longer receive email notifications, even though I continue to receive them correctly. I have tested this by disabling all external applications, but the problem persists.

26 minutes ago, PanSevence said:

The second issue is with email notifications about new messages. I use an external SMTP server for sending emails, and test emails are delivered correctly. However, one user experiences a problem where, after I send them a message and they reply, they receive an email notification. For any subsequent messages, they no longer receive email notifications, even though I continue to receive them correctly. I have tested this by disabling all external applications, but the problem persists.

On this one, have they been in and read the first reply? I ask as they wont get more notifications till they have been in and looked at what they have, as they have already been notified there is Something waiting for them

The user opened the message, read it, and replied. Then they received a response but did not get a notification about the response (it remains unread).

And regarding the first issue, is it a known problem?

Posted (edited)

What more do you want to know? User1 sends a message to User2, you receive a response from User2, User1 gets an email notification about the new message, logs in, and replies to User2. User2 receives a notification about the new unread message. Now, when User2 replies, User1 does not receive a notification.

Interestingly, User2 correctly receives notifications when User1 sends a message and has unread content, while User1 only receives a notification for the first reply when there is an unread message. However, when User2 replies again and there is another unread message, User1 does not receive it.

I mean, specifically User ARK if you can check it. They receive a notification only when someone writes to them for the first time. Each unread response (means no notification). On my account, I always receive notifications whenever I have unread content during a conversation.

You have the data in the client area. Sorry, I described it somewhat chaotically, but I hope you understand.

Edited by PanSevence

Given one user is Receiving them, it cant really be related to the system sending. I would suggest getting them to ensure they are checking their spam folder first of all, and even engaging with their email host. Its likely there is something in the reply emails that is being blocked by their server at some stage

You might want to check if you have SPF and DKIMM setup. Some mail servers will automatically reject mail from servers without any these configured.  (It’s something that you would work with your host to setup if it’s not already done.)