IPS Cloud - downtime on 21st March

14 minutes ago, Brian Garcia said:

Is there somewhere in the terms of the cloud service that states 100% uptime?

Yes. It states 100% uptime for EU and before this incident, it was 99.99% uptime for US: https://status.invisioncommunity.com/

14 minutes ago, Brian Garcia said:

Do you call your internet provider and ask for compensation when it goes down as well?

If it's for a serious amount of time, then yes. However as I said earlier I've never experienced anywhere near 7 hours of downtime in 20 years of using various hosting companies. 

On 3/23/2023 at 11:55 AM, Matt said:

we do not take them lightly and have implemented an audit of alert systems, uptime monitoring, service statuses, etc to ensure we do not have a repeat of this event again.

That's great to hear @Matt

Edited by David N.

8 minutes ago, David N. said:

If it's for a serious amount of time, then yes. However as I said earlier I've never experienced anywhere near 6 hours of downtime in 20 years of using various hosting companies. 

I think as technology grows there are more points of failure. Reddit was down for me last week and I think Facebook had an outage not too long ago as well. Your 20 year old community was probably running a basic LAMP stack. Outages happen and they suck, but I am looking forward to some of the cool new features that a self-hosting wouldn't be able to do easily.

Here's to uptime!