Matt

Ideation within Invision Community

Collecting, curating and organising ideas and feedback is a critical part of managing a community for a product.

Even though here at Invision Community, we have a relaxed approach to ideation, we do read and review ideas and feature requests that come into us via our support community and via emails and tickets and organise them off-site.

ideation.jpg

If you wanted to add more rigour to your ideation process, then Invision Community has built-in tools that you can use.

This video covers setting up a "Question & Answer" forum, which forms the basis for your ideation section along with using the built-in translation tools to tweak the interface language.

The complete process takes around five minutes and is the perfect way to collect and organise community ideas.

Once you have it set up, your community members can post their ideas and fellow community members can upvote their favourite suggestions, leave comments on ideas and even upvote and downvote replies inside the idea.

Let me know what you thought, and if you have any further questions below!

Edited by Matt

Comments

4 hours ago, AlexJ said:

That 'Submit a feature request' translation can i use it on category basis? Ex - Category A - has it translated to 'Feature Request' and Category B as 'Ask Question'

Not out of the box, when you translate the phrasing, it will be used for all QA modes.

You could create a little plugin, or theme edit to do the same thing though.

12 hours ago, AlexJ said:

AMEN to that! I was thinking the same thing when reading this blog entry and was ready to comment the exact same thing but you beat me to it. 🙂 @Matt , you know what to do 😄

15 hours ago, Matt said:

You could create a little plugin, or theme edit to do the same thing though.

Both suggestions i.e. plugin and theme edit - are out of my reach! Can I please borrow 10 mins of your time and possibly you can share how to do it? OR May be create little plugin for us :)  Thank you!

On 7/31/2019 at 6:16 PM, Matt said:

You could create a little plugin, or theme edit to do the same thing though.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, AlexJ said:

Both suggestions i.e. plugin and theme edit - are out of my reach! Can I please borrow 10 mins of your time and possibly you can share how to do it? OR May be create little plugin for us 🙂 Thank you!

@Matt Your help is appreciated whenever you get some time to help us. 🙂

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Oops, sorry. I forgot to come back and reply to this.

Leave this with me, I'll sort some instructions today.

Big time, thank you!

On 8/27/2019 at 4:59 AM, Matt said:

Oops, sorry. I forgot to come back and reply to this.

Leave this with me, I'll sort some instructions today.

Did you posted plugin or instructions somewhere? Sorry just following up @Matt

PS Deadly awaiting to use it. 🍻

@Matt  - I think my last update reminder.  Based on your avoidance, I think their is no way out and I guess it would require more time? Is it possible to add option in next release at least? I think many will benefit!  Thank you

On 7/31/2019 at 11:16 PM, Matt said:

You could create a little plugin, or theme edit to do the same thing though.

Thats a shame! Hopefully in a future IPS update ? Is there a tutorial of how to do this anywhere or has anyone created a plugin yet @Matt