"Can Use Tags" Does Not Work In Gallery

Dreadknux
Go to solution Solved by Pescao6,

I am running a small campaign on my community and am asking my users to post images to gallery whilst using a specific tag (so I can find them when searching).

It appears that non-admins do not have the ability to use tags on Gallery, even if user groups have been granted access via AdminCP > Members > Groups > [Group] > Content > "Can use tags".

There appears to be no other option in AdminCP (or anywhere else in the suite) to allow regular members/usergroups to add tags to content posted in the Gallery app. I have tried logging in as regular users to see if they didn't miss anything, but the tagging feature simply isn't available to them.

Please can this be fixed in a future release?

• Solution

:blink: Did you try AdminCP -> Community -> Gallery -> Categories -> Category Settings -> Tags -> Allow Tags?

These need to be configured for each gallery category. ^ I just did one category and cloned it because it was a lot of work to configure.

I believe the Groups settings you mentioned are for Forums if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks a lot for that @Pescao6 - I just came across that option myself just now and headed here to update, but I'm glad you posted this too. All fixed now! Maybe for V5 the options for these can be simplified massively as it's a bit of a spaghetti junction with crossover options right now. 🙂

4 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Thanks a lot for that @Pescao6 - I just came across that option myself just now and headed here to update, but I'm glad you posted this too. All fixed now! Maybe for V5 the options for these can be simplified massively as it's a bit of a spaghetti junction with crossover options right now. 🙂

You might want to post that on Feedback. This wasn't a problem on 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, but as features were added in 4.x the number of settings got wild. It took me a few months to go through every little one, and then a few months and few updates later many of them were changed or moved. Normal. :blink:

15 hours ago, Pescao6 said:

You might want to post that on Feedback. This wasn't a problem on 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, but as features were added in 4.x the number of settings got wild. It took me a few months to go through every little one, and then a few months and few updates later many of them were changed or moved. Normal. :blink:

Exactly this 🙂 Feel free to post up