Forum not accessible - error 500

Hi everyone

As of yesterday, my forum is not accessible anymore (core4d.com) and error 500 is thrown. No changes or updates were made. My host checked the server and insists that the issue is in IPS. I can login into admin panel and found these repeating errors in system logs:

UnexpectedValueException:  (0)
#0 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(173): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('global', 'core')
#1 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#2 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(558): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#3 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#4 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

and this one

#0 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(3467): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('global', 'core')
#1 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, NULL, NULL, Array)
#2 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(643): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topic', Array)
#3 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#4 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#7 /home/c4dcafecom/public_html/ipb/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

I have no clue how to address this. Currently on version 4.7.16. 
Anyone has some pointers where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

Before doing anything else, I would advise upgrading to the latest release. If you then still have the same issues, test on a default unaltered theme, with no 3rd party items enabled.