Some confusion with restarting a renewal

I was looking to restart a renewal that was stopped back in March 2024. Been informed that the previous $20 monthly charge is no more, which is okay but the response from sales is making me a little confused.

Yes, this is correct, after the initial purchase. You would however need to purchase this first, as previously you were on a monthly purchase, which would require catchup to renew (this was discontinued), but there was no initial purchase

My understanding is that I would need to purchase IC at the new customer pricing ($400) and then would be going forward on the typical renewal pricing ($200) As this particular license was just recently active not more than a few months ago, I never paid for it on the onset? Just wanting to clarify things.

Posted (edited)

Hi @2TonWaffle,

I'm assuming this is the first time you are renewing since the update to licencing?

Invision Community Classic on a self-hosted instance of the software is now $499. You only have to pay this once to receive the full suite of products including Forums, Commerce, Pages, Downloads, Blogs, Events and Gallery (you can no longer select individual applications). Updates and support thereafter will be $199 per year.

In comparison, the full suite before would have cost you $850, with updates and support setting you back $300 per year. The Team have advised this is all in preparation for the next version of Invision Community where there will no longer be a separation for the applications like there once was.

The alternative is to check out their Cloud plans which may suit you more.

When you first purchased Invision Community, what applications did you have?

Edited by Gary

That is the thing, I converted the license over to the new Classic plan back in Oct 2023 and was paying the $20 per month special deal that was offered then until canceling it Feb 2024. 

So, for a license that I had been paying for less than a year later, I have to purchase a brand new license at full price? 

I would suggest continuing with the conversation on the sales ticket/email you have already raised with the IC Team. There is not much the community here or existing clients can really assist with, except to provide their experience which may be unique in each scenario.

• Marc locked this topic