IPB Nulled Forums

Amerrrr

Thanks. It's my fault for not being clear about it. It was never my intent to label IPS Support in that manner. I should have said that in the very beginning.

Brandom, Rikki, Lindy and the rest of the IPS Support do share their knowledge with us on the peer support forums but that they do so to help us out with customization and modification. When they do that and you apply a customization and your forum software gets screwed up, IPS Support will not assist you in fixing those problems, that is why they always say "back up the original code before making any changes" and "any changes you make as the end user are not supported by IPS".

Before I commit to making any changes to anything related to any code of the IPS software, I open up a text editor on my desktop, copy and paste the unaltered code, so that if something goes wrong, I can restore the previous code. This way I'm not in a panic, screaming on the forums, not telling the whole truth about what happened, and/or screaming to IPS Support over it.

What I always tell someone before they make any changes to software that can be modified, is to 'backup, backup, backup' BEFORE you make any changes. Better safe than sorry. Which is always good advice. :thumbsup: Take it from someone who has found out firsthand (along with a lot of lost code and lost projects). :p

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived