Invision Community 4.2

Charles

Invision Community 4.2 is now available as a beta in the client area. The final release will be later in summer 2017.

Here is the roundup of what's new in Invision Community 4.2!

Highlights

There's a lot of new feature in 4.2 but here are a few of the highlights:

Promoting ContentA new way to promote content in your Community internally, on Facebook, and on Twitter.

promote.jpg

ClubsClubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities within your site. Many people have requested social group functionality in the past and Clubs are our implementation of this concept.

clubs.jpg

ReactionsOffer more fine-grained sentiments towards content than a simple up/down or 'like'. They are now in common usage on social networks, and so users expect to be able to be more nuanced in their response to something they see.

reaction.gif

Complete Your ProfileEncourage or require members to fill out the details on their profile. Also now allows for quick registration to encourage joining.

profile.jpg

And a whole lot more..

It goes on... here is the full list!

Be sure to visit each entry above for more information and screenshots. We hope you enjoy Invision Community 4.2!

Release

The final release will be available summer 2017. The supported, public beta is available in the client area now.

User Feedback

2 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

It's part of the suite, as talked about in the article. So the answer is Yes. (w00t)

I think he's asking if IPS will enabled it here on this board.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

I think he's asking if IPS will enabled it here on this board.

Ah I see, my apologies. If that is the case, I'm not sure if I see the point but they might do a couple of dummy/demo ones so people can see, or there will be unlimited clubs and be like a mad house. :rofl:

I see it says its a supported beta.

Does that mean I can upgrade my live site (yes, I understand the risks), and will have an upgrade path from 4.2 beta to 4.2 final when its released.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

Does that mean I can upgrade my live site

Bear in mind that some plugins and apps will require minor changes to be compatible, so you  better ask devs of your resources before you upgrade.

11 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

I see it says its a supported beta.

Thanks

There is full information in the client area where you click to download.

44 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I think he's asking if IPS will enabled it here on this board.

Yes this was what I was asking ;) and we would see how a club would evolve in time :)

Is there a bug tracker for 4.2? Might be blind but I can't see one. Found a minor issue on mobile using Safari and iPhone 7+, follow button looks to be causing a small amount of horizontal scrolling as it's a touch wider than the main content.

IMG_2505.PNG

Nice work! One question, with the new reaction systems where we have different options to choose (Like, Thanks, Haha...) all of them increase 1 reputation point, or reputation of the user only grows if you choose Like or Thanks?

1 minute ago, Subzero-mb said:

You can choose +1, -1, or neutral (no change) for reactions. More info:

Thanks! i am in the office and here i only have Internet Explorer 11 and it is not possible to choose any reaction except the "Like". When I place the cursor over the heart the modal with the other 4 reactions appears, but if I move the cursor over one of these 4 reactions the modal dissapear, so I cannot click any of them except the Like

I know IE sucks but there are still many people using it...

Does the forum index topic listing view autoupdates to show new topics? :D

Superb update btw... I'm gonna have to renew!

Edited by -FP

6 minutes ago, tjk said:

Added the line to the constants.php file, it tells me there is an upgrade, but when I put in my creds, it just comes back to the same screen, no error about wrong creds or anything.

Tested on the live and TEST install, same thing.

Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.