Fail to 4.7.18 Upgrade

hivitro
Go to solution Solved by hivitro,

Hi everyone, the upgrade fails to start

I did a hosting move and took the opportunity to upgrade my license and be able to upgrade my version 4.7.4 to the current 4.7.18.

In question, the forum continues online in its version 4.7.4 but after copying all the files via ftp, or making a clean copy of the entire version 4.7.18, it accepts to start the upgrade, but when it shows the start bar, it can be 12 hours, without doing anything or advancing to the end.

I have only noticed that it creates the upgrade_temp table in the database, but it does nothing, even when entering the admin panel, it remains in version 4.7.4

Additionally, I have changed the file permissions regardless of whether it is 775 or 777, and I have changed PHP, from 8.0.30 to 8.1+ and 8.2 with no upgrade news.

Any ideas?

PD. I would like to have an intermediate version, for example 4.7.10 to do the progressive update, but I understand that it is not possible to download previous versions here.

What I could do is a clean installation of 4.7.18, and load the data from 4.7.4 table by table (226 tables), but I need to know if exists changes and updates to do them by hand to make it`s compatible.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Edited by hivitro

Have you done the following 2 items here?

• Used the requirement checker, to ensure your server is set up for the latest release? 
  • Checked your server error logs, to see if there are any errors showing up there when you start the upgrade

• Solution
7 hours ago, Marc said:

Have you done the following 2 items here?

• Used the requirement checker, to ensure your server is set up for the latest release? 
  • Checked your server error logs, to see if there are any errors showing up there when you start the upgrade

The requirement checker still in perfect green with PHP 8.1.x, but it hadn't occurred to me to use Windows + Edge in my work office, and from there I perfectly completed the upgrade (same configurations, in 2´ of time) that from Linux + Firefox I didn't complete all weekend.(a lot of hours with with the bar allways in 1%)

The update is complete.
Best regards!

Edited by hivitro