Bulk upload of attachments

Unexplained Activity

Hello,

I think that it would be a good idea if an admin (or who ever he gives permissions to) could bulk upload attachments. Then when making posts he can just select which attachments he would like to include in each post. Is suppose it's could be treated like an attachment storage system.

The reason that I am saying this is that I have over 37,500 images that I need to upload and include into posts.

Many Thanks

Pete :)

Hi Wolfie,

Many thanks for the reply. I did think about doing it that way but I find that the gallery system runs slow in comparison to the main forum. Also people can see so much more on the actual forum in one go and they generally like to browse the forum rather that the gallery. I suppose it's probably going to have to be a modification I will have to pay for.

Cheers

Pete

Many thanks for the reply. I did think about doing it that way but I find that the gallery system runs slow in comparison to the main forum. Also people can see so much more on the actual forum in one go and they generally like to browse the forum rather that the gallery. I suppose it's probably going to have to be a modification I will have to pay for.

I think you missed what I was suggesting.

Upload the images to the gallery. Go to the forum to make a post. While in the editor, click on the 'My Media' button, select image(s) from Gallery to put into post.

Here's an example of doing that:

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

What it does is insert bbCode, in this case it inserted:

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

:smile:

Archived