Rate or Flag individual threads

Guest Sire

I need to be able to extract threads after members have ranked them or selected them for publishing. I could do this with a custom query if the ability to rate threads was built-in but it isn't. What I'm looking for, is the ability to select the Top 10 threads created each month with a query.

Either that, or an easy way for the admin/moderator to flag a thread as one of the month's best threads, so that a simple query could extract it.

I need to be able to extract threads after members have ranked them or selected them for publishing.  I could do this with a custom query if the ability to rate threads was built-in but it isn't.  What I'm looking for, is the ability to select the Top 10 threads created each month with a query.

Either that, or an easy way for the admin/moderator to flag a thread as one of the month's best threads, so that a simple query could extract it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also with this, It might be able for a user to select rate members. Not in the traditional sense of rating, but in a much in a personal sense.

For example, if Joe use thinks I have generally good ideas/posts, he might want to mark me as prefered such that my posts show up to him highlighted.

Thanks Dacity2. The only thing I don't like about too many mods is they are likely to be vulnerable to exploits and not supported. They also tend to break anytime there's an upgrade. What is a good way to take advantage of mods, with the least pain involved when it's time to upgrade again ?

Also I was wondering. How do you determine whether a feature would be better as a Mod, or integrated into the software ?

Also I was wondering.  How do you determine whether a feature would be better as a Mod, or integrated into the software ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tend to look at it from this point of view...

What enhances the forums to help promote the community, posts/communications or simple but powerful options for making full use of the community and communication is a feature.

Anything that is gaming, statistics, etc (specialties) is a mod.

Example.. Referrals is a feature that is being suggested.. That builds the community and encourages people to bring in more members. RPG systems is a mod because it's a bit more specialized. Same with bargraphs of a members usage, topic popularity, etc.

:)

Archived