Personal Messages

Guest Robnhood

I have a couple of users who always seem to have full mailboxes on my boards.

Is it possible for the admin group to send them messages and override their maximum number of messages?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you trying to send them PM's only to get an error telling you that you can't because their boxes are full?

yes, see the admin cp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are telling Robnhood to talk to the admin, you should look.. They said "*I* have a couple of users" which means they are the Admin of the board.

If you mean to see the AdminCP, then you should say where to go in the AdminCP.

I think the user was saying, as an admin he can change the max level.

But this wouldn't make a difference because they will just fill it again.

I think he is saying a admin/moderator should be able to override the max message setting so it would be a 21/20 type of deal.

I see his point, and would agree with it.

I would think that the Admin could (or should be able to) already do that.

Also, the user "123" just make smart aleck replies. If you look through other threads at their comments, you'll notice how they aren't really contributing but rather just being rude.

I think the user was saying, as an admin he can change the max level.

But this wouldn't make a difference because they will just fill it again.

I think he is saying a admin/moderator should be able to override the max message setting so it would be a 21/20 type of deal.

I see his point, and would agree with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the ability for an ADMIN or MOD to send a message over the limit. That way admins can PM people and not E-Mail them, PM's are seen while at the board, emails arent.

There is a way you can have unlimited storage space. I don't have IPB ACP, but this is what I know 2 do:

ACP-Manage user group-(user group)-max number of storable messages ? _____(50, is normally there).

Change "50" to "0" and you will never run out of room. So if you want the Admin (ROOT) group to have ~ space do what I suggested above but put "Admin (ROOT)" in the "(user group)". Same goes for other member groups.

Archived