Matt

Gallery 4 - A brief tour of the view image page

Late last week I left a teaser image of the 'view image'.

I have taken a short video to explain some of the larger changes and features of this page for Gallery 4.

I recommend clicking the full screen icon and ensuring the "HD" icon is blue to avoid excessive squinting.

This video will also give an indication for the direction of future IP.Board releases as we'll integrate "ajax" replies into 3.2 along with the new favorites system which I'll go into in more depth in a future blog entry.

Comments

That's just awesome Matt! I am really liking the way you're thinking, with cleaning things up.

I love the quick reply for posting comments, and hope and look forward to this kind of thing working in the forums as well.. :thumbsup:

Keep for the great work!

Jamie

[quote name='Mike54' date='28 September 2010 - 10:05 AM']
Everything is looking great! Can I start pestering you about when I can have a copy, or should I wait a bit?

Right now the plan is for Gallery 4 to be released in October along with Nexus and other product updates (IPB 3.1.3 and IP.Content 2.1 as far as I know). This is not set-in-stone.

[quote name='WeRock' date='28 September 2010 - 10:19 AM']
We want people tagging like FB. Please put that option.

My guess is that is a small demographic who wants/needs to see that implemented. In my case, I would need that option turned off.

The Previous and Next buttons should be more center below the title then on the side due to it looking like it align wrong. Also the buttons look a little boring. Maybe adding more like a graphic button the words would help it.

• Management

[quote name='ZakRhyno' date='28 September 2010 - 11:33 AM']

We are specifically avoiding unnecessary icons and graphics all over the page.

Looks great, thanks for the video! Sure would be nice to have that "quick reply" functionality where the page is not reloaded in the forums as well. The new favorites business is quite interesting--are you shooting to include that in IP.Board and Blogs for 3.2 as well?

..Al

• Management

[quote name='AtariAge' date='28 September 2010 - 11:52 AM']
Looks great, thanks for the video! Sure would be nice to have that "quick reply" functionality where the page is not related in the forums as well. The new favorites business is quite interesting--are you shooting to include that in IP.Board and Blogs for 3.2 as well?

..Al

Matt made a brief mention of this in the video by referring to those features as "part of the IPB 3.2 feature set" so ... yes :)

[quote name='Amy T' date='28 September 2010 - 11:21 AM']
Ahh scary Matt has a mac. LOL, does look good though.

Yeah, I had the video playing fullscreen and when it was finished I tried clicking on one of the windows. :D

..Al

[quote name='AtariAge' date='28 September 2010 - 11:52 AM']

..Al

He mentioned it'll replace watched content in 3.2. Not too sure if I like that concept but look forward to see how it's implemented. I may want notifications on a topic that I most definitely wouldn't want to call one of my "favorites" and have my members see that. Otherwise everything is looking great with the new Gallery :-)

@Matt: System Prefs -> Sound -> Input -> Jack up your Input Volume please :P

• Management

[quote name='Brandon D' date='28 September 2010 - 12:49 PM']

The "system" will be in 3.2 but we won't do the whole "Bob, Joe, and 235235 other people added this topic to favorites" ... it wouldn't make sense on the forum side. He was referring more to the technology approach. But let's not get off topic :)

[quote name='Charles' date='28 September 2010 - 11:34 AM']

We are specifically avoiding unnecessary icons and graphics all over the page.

True but having the words their gives it a bad and miss looking product like it half done. If not buttons then add something other then word to give it more then plan text.

very nice indeed but you haven't touched on what sort of interactivity is available for the displayed photo. Fore instance, can you zoom in/out to a specific region? can you label a part of the photo (like FB)?

• Management

[quote name='Enkidu' date='28 September 2010 - 12:51 PM']

You're right, he hasn't :). I'm sure Matt will bring up any other features in future blog entries.

[quote name='Charles' date='28 September 2010 - 11:50 AM']

I think it would be useful to know "209 members are following this topic".

..Al

• Management

[quote name='AtariAge' date='28 September 2010 - 12:53 PM']
I think it would be useful to know "209 members are following this topic".

..Al

We will get to the IPB feature set in time. We are on Gallery at the moment :)

• Management

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Please note that anything shared is a work in progress, so if you don't see a feature then it doesn't mean it won't be added. More updates to come over the next few weeks.