Updated: IP.Subscriptions 1.0.0 Beta 3 is available now!
We're pleased to announce that IP.Subscriptions 1.0.0 Beta is available for download from your client center.
This is the second beta release of the subscriptions manager that is compatible with IP.Board 3.0. Many long standing bugs and issues have been fixed in this release including:
- Recurring subscription cancelation immediately ending subscription and demotes member
- Multiple currency issues
- Inaccurate reporting of totals
- Incorrect end date calculation after upgrading
- ...and many more
As always, please do be aware that this is a beta product and should not be used in a live environment without testing first. Please also be aware that currently only the PayPal and Postal Method gateways work correctly. Other gateways will be converted over the next few weeks once the framework has been finalized.
A fairly big change is how multiple currencies are handled. From 1.0.0 Beta 2 onwards you will need to specify a currency for each subscription package. This is to ensure that the correct value is calculated for payment regardless of the current exchange rate. If you are upgrading from a previous release and have non USD subscription packages set up, please go via the ACP and edit these to select the correct currency code to use.
The following items are to follow in the next release:
- Pre-installed hook to display current subscription settings (You are subscribed to package X which runs out in X days)
- Force the user to cancel a current recurring subscription before upgrading to another
- Ability to renew a subscription before it expires (ACP configurable).
Due to a bug since fixed in IP.Board 3.0.2, you'll need to ensure that the guest member group can view the board and that you do not enforce all guests to log in if you are testing with PayPal.
Please report any issues in the bug tracker as normal.