How can I turn off attachments in Gallery editor

Michael R

I think my members are the dumbest on the planet.

When uploading images they are using attachments to insert the image they THINK they are uploading to a gallery album. They also do this when attempting to insert a video link in @Mike John's Videos application -- they put the video link in the editor instead of in the Video URL field. Ugghhh.

Is there a way I can remove the Insert other media button from the editor there?

I agree for the first post (not the comments) remove the ability to upload images, in databases and in Gallery. Gallery is to upload to the Gallery and users can become confused and add to posts here, and in databases, we use the image fields, with the editor it takes that control away.

As @Joel R pointed out after I made that request for databases, the same problem exists for Gallery.

We should at least have a setting.

59 minutes ago, Michael R said:

When uploading images they are using attachments to insert the image they THINK they are uploading to a gallery album. They also do this when attempting to insert a video link in @Mike John's Videos application -- they put the video link in the editor instead of in the Video URL field. Ugghhh.

Is there a way I can remove the Insert other media button from the editor there?

Don't worry.  My members have uploaded the entire album in the description, ha.  

It makes for a very awkward layout.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2016 at 1:44 AM, Michael R said:

its not the memers that are dumb its the gallery :sad:

3 minutes ago, chilihead said:

Try editing your language file until IPS can address.

Maybe at step 3 where it says Add Information, under it, in red text put:

Do not upload Gallery images here
Images here appear in description only

errrr   how do we do that?  can I buy you some beer to help me?

27 minutes ago, chilihead said:

Search languages for Add Information. If more than one comes up make sure it is for Gallery uploading. Edit file, add line break after Add Information, add red text message.

cant do it cos when ive got the translation tool functioning my gallery doesnt even work

Archived