(NB40) Ads After X Topics

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, esquire said:

Not sure I understand what this does. Would help to have a longer explanation.

Hello,

By default you can place ad after the first topic when viewing a forum (ACP - System - Advertisements - Create New - Show the advertisement - After the first topic in each forum).

This plugin allows you place ad after 2,3,5,7,etc topics.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

the reason why you need this is to cover the lack of      in-between  banners,   on pages with topic lists. 

they are usually long , so this app, is really needed if you want to max out on your banners per  page. 

also for those who are looking for instructions, they are  actually i think some, on the  link  "after x posts" - if you check this out it probably will help anyone understand how this would work. 

I havent bought them yet but probably will. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It is breaking the ability to use the Quote feature...again, this started after I switched my forum to PHP 7.0, so it is likely a compatibility issue.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the plug ins, and my Quote feature is broken unless I disable both NB40 topic and post plug ins...after they are disabled I can use the quote feature without issues.

Edited by sadams101
2 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

It is breaking the ability to use the Quote feature...again, this started after I switched my forum to PHP 7.0, so it is likely a compatibility issue.

Quote buttons are displayed in the topic. This plugin show ads after X topics in forum.

Can you give me acp access?

Sorry but our company policy would not allow that. If you doubt me I'd be happy to help you see this problem first hand...you could test this in our forum: https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/

I've done extensive testing and the issue is these plug ins when running PHP 7.0.

Also, if there is anything in the ACP I can check, please share it. It may help others with this issue...

Edited by sadams101
1 minute ago, sadams101 said:

If you doubt me I'd be happy to help you see this problem first hand...you could test this in our forum:

How to test? I don't see qoute buttons in topics.

2 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

I've done extensive testing and the issue is these plug ins when running PHP 7.0

These? We talk about "(NB40) Ads After X Topics" only.

To confirm the bug you should disable all plugins except  "(NB40) Ads After X Topics"

As mentioned, I've tested extensively, and the only way to get the quote feature in topics working again is to disable both NB40 plug ins, not one, but both. Disabling the other plug ins doesn't affect this issue.

Also, it is strange that you cannot see the Quote buttons in topics, as that is not a reported issue on our forums...only its functionality is the issue:

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/118507-quote-feature-not-working/

Of course, to see that button you would need to create an account and be logged in...

Edited by sadams101
clarification
11 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

sure...I will leave this account for ~1/2 hour. Use:

Thanks

11 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

Does the forum you just tested run PHP 7.0?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

If you'd like me to turn off the NB40 plug ins for your testing, just let me know.

Yes. Please disable.

Update: Due to issues I had with the site menu and running Ajax Pagination with ads turned on, I have had it off for years. I just turned Ajax back on, and the Quote works, but I need to test for menu issues. I hope this is helpful. 

So your plugins used to work fine with Ajax pagination off, now they seem to require it after I switched to PHP 7.0

Very strange...this did not totally fix the issue. In any case it looks like the issue is still there, even with Ajax back on.

5 minutes ago, sadams101 said:

Update: Due to issues I had with the site menu and running Ajax Pagination with ads turned on, I have had it off for years. I just turned Ajax back on, and the Quote works, but I need to test for menu issues. I hope this is helpful. 

So your plugins used to work fine with Ajax pagination off, now they seem to require it after I switched to PHP 7.0

Very strange...this did not totally fix the issue. In any case it looks like the issue is still there, even with Ajax back on.

My plugin does not depend on ajax. Some ads depends on and doesn't work with ajax.

Try to create test advert with simple text "text" and set up in plugin only this advert.