Approved URL's for forum Redirect

MADMAN32395

Was asked per ticket 923623 to post a feedback forum topic. This worked fine in 3.x until 4.x , I could always just edit the redirect via SQL, but why should I have to do that? The links still work in its current state, but I wanted to update the description.

ME

02 August 2015 - 11:33 PM

When I try to save a redirect thread, I get the error telling me that Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again.

That type of URL is not allowed.

https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

I do not see any setting area that would prevent me from doing this.

@Marc Stridgen

04 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Hello,

If you type in the word whitelist into the search bar in the admin cp you will see URL filtering come up. Click on this and ensure that you do not have any filtering set that may affect this.

I would also advise upgrading to the latest 4.0.12 which was released earlier today. This is a stability release and addresses many bugs so it is quite possible this will resolve your concern should it still be an issue.

Kind Regards,

Marc Stridgen
Invision Power Services, Inc.

Rate this response:   - - - - -

ME

05 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

ME

05 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

*upgraded to 4.0.12.1

ME

06 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Hello,
Please could you let me know what you mean by a redirect thread? An screenshot would be helpful if possible.

Kind Regards,

Marc Stridgen

ME

07 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

Jim M.

07 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

Hello,

What you're entering into the backend is an invalid protocol. That field only accepts HTTP/HTTPS.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,
Jim M.

ME

07 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

Why the sudden change, this was working just fine on 3.x?

Marc Stridgen

07 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

Hello,
This is the new format. If you would like to provide feedback you can do so via the product feedback forum. Of course with new major additions, especially one such as this which is a complete rewrite, there will be changes to the way things work. Sometimes we are right, but of course sometimes we are wrong. This is what the section is for and all feedback is looked at.

Kind Regards,

Marc Stridgen

• 3 weeks later...

Archived