How can I fix the navigation bar?

kar3n2

Hi

Is it possible to have a fixed navigation bar so when user scrolls down the site it is always on view?

Many thanks

Also on my mobile phone when I click the little square top right it opens up the nav bar instead of a dropdown of menu links from it?   Maybe its a bug or a CJMenu thing so ill mention that to @CodingJungle

I'm sure he will know

i don't think you will need to add to custom css to have it working on all pages;its not a CSS edit,

the instructions call for the code to be inserted and used through globatTamplate;

which means all pages will inherit the new functionality,

will I need to add this again each time I upgrade IPS 4+ ?

i don't think the template is overwritten with each update,

you could simply make a copy of your current template; give it a new name and use it as default,

if and when the default built in IPS template gets updated; your saved one should not be overwritten,

the update im guessing usually include functions updates; not template layout updates,

but im not sure how accurate my assumption is in regards to what updates normally,

Hi

Is it possible to have a fixed navigation bar so when user scrolls down the site it is always on view?

Many thanks

Also on my mobile phone when I click the little square top right it opens up the nav bar instead of a dropdown of menu links from it?   Maybe its a bug or a CJMenu thing so ill mention that to @CodingJungle

I'm sure he will know

Fixed navigation can be done using css

in custom.css add:

nav.ipsLayout_container {
    left: 20px;
    position: fixed;
    top: 82px;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 9999;
}

#ipsLayout_body {
  margin: 50px auto;
}

might have to adjust some of those numbers depending on if header area changed from default but try using the above first

as for mobile issue then try changing the 760px I gave in your other topic to lower number (e.g. 480px or 320px)

Archived