How to move "Support" to "Profile" Menu in 4.0

First off, I am by no means a technician or even a computer programmer, but I wanted to contribute what little knowledge I have per the push from my other admins and staff to do this.

I was able to do the following image:

1.thumb.JPG.3f2bd585704d43103d4d9dddbd4b

by doing the following;

1. Went to: "Customization"

2. Went to: Edit "HTML/CSS"

3. Went to:  "Global - Userbar"

4. Added the following line in the image below. (I've placed the code for cut and paste ease of access)

<li class='ipsMenu_item' ><a href='{url="app=nexus&module=support&controller=home"}' title='My Support Tickets'>My Support Tickets</a></li>

2.thumb.JPG.218756794bf7dbcc9739ec9c3545

The line I placed went above the following line;

<li class='ipsMenu_item' id='elAccountSettingsLink'><a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=settings" seoTemplate="settings"}' title='{lang="edit_account_settings"}'>{lang="menu_settings"}</a></li>

Happy coding!

PS Please note, it is a custom change - again please note do it at your own risk, I hope this helps those who donot want it on the NAVBAR, I am sure some of you do, and I am not insulting anyone who prefers it on the navbar, I am just not one of those people. and this is for some of you who wish to have it on the 'profile menu.

-Best wishes..

Anyone who can help me remove that bit of code so I can remove the 'support' from the navbar would be greatly appreciated.

an image here has been attatched to show what I speak of :(

3.thumb.JPG.0b3d54ffdde767a2bec2678b186f

-Brian

Replace core/front/global/navBar with the contents from below, should hide the Support button :) - Thanks @CodingJungle (For this bit of code)

<nav class='ipsLayout_container'>
	<div class='ipsClearfix' id='elSearchNavContainer' data-controller='core.front.core.navBar'>
		{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'search' ) ) AND !in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses )}}
			<div id='elSearch' class='ipsPos_right' data-controller='core.front.core.quickSearch' itemprop="potentialAction" itemscope itemtype="
				<form accept-charset='utf-8' action='{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search" seoTemplate="search"}' method='{{if settings.use_friendly_urls and settings.htaccess_mod_rewrite}}get{{else}}post{{endif}}'>
					<meta itemprop="target" content="{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search&q=" seoTemplate="search"}{q}">
					<a href='#' id='elSearchFilter' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-selectable='radio' data-ipsMenu-appendTo='#elSearch' class="ipsHide">
						<span data-role='searchingIn'>
							{lang="search_everything"}
						</span>
						<i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i>
					</a>
					<ul id='elSearchFilter_menu' class='ipsMenu ipsMenu_selectable ipsMenu_narrow ipsHide'>
						<li class='ipsMenu_item ipsMenu_itemChecked' data-ipsMenuValue='all'>
							<a href='{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search" csrf="1"}' title='{lang="search_everything"}'>{lang="search_everything"}</a>
						</li>
						<li class='ipsMenu_sep'><hr></li>
						{{if count( output.contextualSearchOptions )}}
							{{foreach output.contextualSearchOptions as $name => $data}}
								<li class='ipsMenu_item' data-ipsMenuValue='{expression="json_encode( $data )"}' data-options='{expression="json_encode( $data )"}'>
									<a href='#'>{$name}</a>
								</li>
							{{endforeach}}
							<li class='ipsMenu_sep'><hr></li>
						{{endif}}
						<li data-role='globalSearchMenuOptions'></li>
						<li class='ipsMenu_item ipsMenu_itemNonSelect'>
							<a href='{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search" seoTemplate="search"}' accesskey='4'><i class='fa fa-cog'></i> {lang="advanced_search"}</a>
						</li>
					</ul>
					<input type='search' id='elSearchField' placeholder='{lang="search_placeholder"}' name='q' itemprop="query-input">
					<button type='submit'><i class='fa fa-search'></i></button>
				</form>
			</div>
		{{endif}}
		<ul id='ipsLayout_mainNav' class='ipsPos_left'>
			{{if !in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses )}}
					{{$extensions = ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->isrtl ) ? array_reverse( \IPS\Application::allExtensions( 'core', 'FrontNavigation' ) ) : \IPS\Application::allExtensions( 'core', 'FrontNavigation' );}}
					{{foreach $extensions as $id => $nav}}
					{{if $nav->canView() and $id != 'nexus_Support'}}
						{{$tabId = uniqid();}}
						<li data-role='navItem'>
							<a id="elNavigation_app_{expression="strtok( $id, '_')"}_{$tabId}" href='{$nav->link()}' class='elNavigation_app_{$id}{{if $nav->active()}} ipsNavActive{{endif}}' {{if $children = $nav->children()}}data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-activeClass='ipsNavActive_menu'{{endif}}>
								{$nav->title()}
								{{if $children}}
									&nbsp;<i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i>
								{{endif}}
							</a>
							{{if $children}}
								<ul id="elNavigation_app_{expression="strtok( $id, '_')"}_{$tabId}_menu" class="ipsMenu ipsMenu_auto ipsHide">
									{template="navBarChildren" app="core" group="global" params="$children"}
								</ul>
							{{endif}}
						</li>
					{{endif}}
				{{endforeach}}
			{{endif}}
			<li class='ipsHide' id='elNavigationMore' data-role='navMore'>
				<a href='#' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-appendTo='#elNavigationMore' id='elNavigationMore_dropdown'>{lang="more"} <i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i></a>
				<ul class='ipsHide ipsMenu ipsMenu_auto' id='elNavigationMore_dropdown_menu'></ul>
			</li>
			{{if member.group['g_view_board']}}
				<li class='ipsHide cCommunityHome'><a href='{setting="base_url"}' title='{lang="go_community_home"}'><i class='fa fa-angle-left'></i> {lang="community_home"}</a></li>
			{{endif}}
		</ul>
	</div>
</nav>

FOR MOBILE SIDE

Thanks again @CodingJungle For the following :)

You will need to replace the following template.

core/front/global/mobileNavigation with this:

<div id='elMobileDrawer' class='ipsDrawer ipsHide'>
	<div class='ipsDrawer_menu'>
		<div class='ipsDrawer_content'>
			{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
				<ul id='elUserNav_mobile' class='ipsList_inline signed_in ipsClearfix'>
					<li class='cNotifications cUserNav_icon'>
						<a href='#elMobNotifications_menu' id='elMobNotifications' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-menuID='elFullNotifications_menu' data-ipsMenu-closeOnClick='false'>
							<i class='fa fa-bell'></i> {{if member.notification_cnt}}<span class='ipsNotificationCount' data-notificationType='notify'>{member="notification_cnt"}</span>{{endif}}
						</a>
					</li>
					{{if !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_disable_pm and \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'messaging' ) )}}
						<li class='cInbox cUserNav_icon'>
							<a href='#elMobInbox_menu' id='elMobInbox' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-menuID='elFullInbox_menu' data-ipsMenu-closeOnClick='false'>
								<i class='fa fa-envelope'></i> {{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->msg_count_new}} <span class='ipsNotificationCount' data-notificationType='inbox'>{member="msg_count_new"}</span>{{endif}}
							</a>
						</li>
					{{endif}}
					{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'modcp' ) ) and \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->modPermission('can_view_reports')}}
						<li class='cReports cUserNav_icon'>
							<a href='#elMobReports_menu' id='elMobReports' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-menuID='elFullReports_menu' data-ipsMenu-closeOnClick='false'>
								<i class='fa fa-warning'></i> {{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->reportCount()}}<span class='ipsNotificationCount' data-notificationType='reports'>{member="reportCount()"}</span>{{endif}}
							</a>
						</li>
					{{endif}}
				</ul>
			{{endif}}

<p class='ipsPad'>
					<a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=login&do=logout" csrf="true"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_small ipsButton_fullWidth'>
						{{if isset( $_SESSION['logged_in_as_key'] )}}{lang="switch_to_account" sprintf="$_SESSION['logged_in_from']['name']"}{{else}}{lang="sign_out"}{{endif}}
					</a>
				{{else}}
					<a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=login" seoTemplate="login"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_small ipsButton_fullWidth'>{lang="sign_in"}</a><br>
					{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->allow_reg}}
						<a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=register" seoTemplate="register"}' id='elRegisterButton_mobile' class='ipsButton ipsButton_small ipsButton_fullWidth ipsButton_important'>{lang="sign_up"}</a>
					{{endif}}
				{{endif}}
			</p>

<ul class='ipsDrawer_list'>
					<li class='ipsDrawer_itemParent'>
						<h4 class='ipsDrawer_title'><a href='#'>{lang="mobile_menu_account"}</a></h4>
							<li data-action="back"><a href='#'>{lang="mobile_menu_back"}</a></li>
							{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'members', 'front' ) )}}
								<li><a href='{member="url()"}' title='{lang="view_my_profile"}'>{lang="menu_profile"}</a></li>
							{{endif}}
							{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'messaging' ) )}}
								{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_disable_pm AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_disable_pm != 2}}
									<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=messaging&controller=messenger&do=enableMessenger" seoTemplate="messaging"}' title='{lang="go_to_messenger"}' data-confirm data-confirmMessage='{lang="messenger_disabled_msg"}'>{lang="menu_messages"}</a></li>
								{{else}}
									<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=messaging&controller=messenger" seoTemplate="messaging"}' title='{lang="go_to_messenger"}'>{lang="menu_messages"}</a></li>
								{{endif}}
							{{endif}}
							{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'members', 'front' ) )}}
								{{$member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn();}}
								<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&do=content&id=$member->member_id" base="front" seoTemplate="profile_content" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}' title='{lang="userbar_my_content"}'>{lang="userbar_my_content"}</a></li>
							{{endif}}
							<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=followed" seoTemplate="followed_content"}'>{lang="menu_followed_content"}</a></li>
							{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->group['g_attach_max'] != 0}}
								<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=attachments" seoTemplate="attachments"}'>{lang="my_attachments"}</a></li>
							{{endif}}
							<li id='elAccountSettingsLinkMobile'><a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=settings" seoTemplate="settings"}' title='{lang="edit_account_settings"}'>{lang="menu_settings"}</a></li>
							{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'members' ) )}}
			                    <li><a href='{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'edit' )"}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-modal='true' data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="profile_edit"}'>{lang="profile_edit"}</a></li>
							{{endif}}
			                <li><a href='{url="app=core&module=members&controller=ignore" seoTemplate="ignore"}'>{lang="menu_manage_ignore"}</a></li>
							<li><a href="{url="app=core&module=system&controller=notifications&do=options" seoTemplate="notifications_options"}">{lang="notification_options"}</a></li>
							{{if ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'modcp' ) ) AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->modPermission() ) or ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->isAdmin() AND !\IPS\Settings::i()->security_remove_acp_link )}}
								{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'modcp' ) ) AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->modPermission()}}
									<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=modcp" seoTemplate="modcp"}'>{lang="menu_modcp"}</a></li>
								{{endif}}
								{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->isAdmin() AND !\IPS\Settings::i()->security_remove_acp_link }}
									<li><a href='{expression="\IPS\Http\Url::baseURL( ( \IPS\Settings::i()->logins_over_https ) ? \IPS\Http\Url::PROTOCOL_HTTPS : \IPS\Http\Url::PROTOCOL_RELATIVE ) . \IPS\CP_DIRECTORY"}' target='_blank'>{lang="menu_admincp"} <i class='fa fa-lock'></i></a></li>
								{{endif}}
							{{endif}}
						</ul>
					</li>
				{{endif}}
				{{$extensions = ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->isrtl ) ? array_reverse( \IPS\Application::allExtensions( 'core', 'FrontNavigation' ) ) : \IPS\Application::allExtensions( 'core', 'FrontNavigation' );}}
				{{foreach $extensions as $nav}}
					{{if $nav->canView() and get_class($nav) != 'IPS\nexus\extensions\core\FrontNavigation\Support' }}
						{{if $children = $nav->children()}}
								<h4 class='ipsDrawer_title'><a href='#'>{$nav->title()}</a></h4>
									{template="mobileNavigationChildren" app="core" group="global" params="$children"}
								</ul>
							</li>
						{{else}}
							<li><a href='{$nav->link()}' {{if $nav->active()}}class='active'{{endif}}>{$nav->title()}</a></li>
						{{endif}}
					{{endif}}
				{{endforeach}}
					<h4 class='ipsDrawer_title'><a href='#'>{lang="mobile_menu_more"}</a></h4>
						<li data-action="back"><a href='#'>{lang="mobile_menu_back"}</a></li>
							<li><a data-action="markSiteRead" data-controller="core.front.core.markRead" href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=markread" seoTemplate="mark_site_as_read" csrf="true"}'>{lang="mark_site_read"}</a></li>
						{{endif}}
						<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=activity&controller=activity" seoTemplate="activity"}'>{lang="activity_stream"}</a></li>
						{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->gl_type != "none"}}
							<li><a href='{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->gl_type == "internal"}}{url="app=core&module=system&controller=guidelines" seoTemplate="guidelines"}{{else}}{setting="gl_link"}{{endif}}'>{lang="guidelines"}</a></li>
						{{endif}}
						<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=staffdirectory&controller=directory" seoTemplate="staffdirectory"}'>{lang="staff"}</a></li>
						{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->profile_comments AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'status' ) )}}
							<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=status&controller=feed" seoTemplate="status"}'>{lang="status_updates"}</a></li>
						{{endif}}
                        {{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'online' ) )}}
							<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=online&controller=online" seoTemplate="online"}'>{lang="online_users"}</a></li>
						{{endif}}
					</ul>
				</li>
			</ul>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

I am still working on what file to change to put it in the 'profile drop down menu' under -account- as the desktop version shows. I've depicted where I will be placing it in the following image;

Screenshot_2015-07-23-08-42-39-1.thumb.j

once I obtain the code or find it and add it in I will post once again, and that should complete how to move the support from navigation bar to the drop down profile menu :)

Well slap me around and call me susan! I figured it out

Please Note: This will add the Support Ticket area to your MENU - ACCOUNT - My Support Tickets in MOBILE

so to get the support ticket onto the profile drop down menu in mobile, under account

I simply added the following code

<li class='ipsMenu_item' ><a href='{url="app=nexus&module=support&controller=home"}' title='My Support Tickets'>My Support Tickets</a></li>

core/front/global/mobileNavigation template file

just above  the following code

<li id='elAccountSettingsLinkMobile'><a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=settings" seoTemplate="settings"}' title='{lang="edit_account_settings"}'>{lang="menu_settings"}</a></li>

I've also highlighted where I put it with an image file for those of you who don't see it ;)

1.thumb.JPG.78d5acd55b4582083f6d8dfb34dc

Edited by The Humanastorian

I hope this helps someone else out, again I am by no means a coder, just wanted some things to be like they were. and here is my contribution, if you like it please by all means give me a like :) if you don't it is okay too. I just hope this helps you as much as it helped me. Thanks @CodingJungle For helping me with the removal sections .

End Result

Screenshot_2015-07-23-09-09-58-1.thumb.j

Feel Free to message me if you need anything related to this. I thought it might help you if you need to move the ticketing system from the Navigation Bar like I wanted.

@CodingJungle Thank you for helping me with some of the codes to add within this to get it smooth.  Thanks IPS for your service and all your help working with me.

• 5 years later...