Forms Support

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.

Feature List:

• Optional confirmation email to let members know there message was received.
  • Send reply emails within the Form Manager
  • Quick preview feature for form logs.
  • Per form option for rules or instructions for each form.
  • Submit time wait feature, set how long each member group must wait before resubmitting a form.
  • Per form permissions for who can view and submit to a form. And also who can view any form logs.
  • Per member group option to bypass captcha.
  • Per form option to send out personal messages when new form submissions are made.
  • Per form option to send out emails when new form submissions are made.
  • Per form option to create a forum topic when new form submissions are made.

I receive a confirmation email even though I have selected No email in the form settings.

The confirm email would then use the backup email address from a members profile. I assume you need some kind of override to disable this?

Hi, how do I set the subject of the e-mail to one of the fields in the form? I think I should use {field_name_x} but I don't know how to find the ID of the field.

Easiest way would be to edit a field and see what the &id=# value is in the url. I've logged a bug report for this so the fields can include some kind of display for quick tags.

The confirm email would then use the backup email address from a members profile. I assume you need some kind of override to disable this?

Easiest way would be to edit a field and see what the &id=# value is in the url. I've logged a bug report for this so the fields can include some kind of display for quick tags.

Hi, the value I want to put as subject in the e-mail is {field_value_2}. It works in the body of the message but when i put it in the subject it just says {field_value_2} when the e-mail arrives.

Regarding the confirmation e-mail I think it's a bug because when I select that I want to receive confirmation I don't get an e-mail. Only when I tick "No e-mail" I get mail confirmation after submitting a form.

I don't care about the confirmation email but I really need to be able to set the subject to a value from the form. Is this something you can add? Otherwise I will be unable to use the product for what I intended.

Edited by calle81

Hi, the value I want to put as subject in the e-mail is {field_value_2}. It works in the body of the message but when i put it in the subject it just says {field_value_2} when the e-mail arrives.

Regarding the confirmation e-mail I think it's a bug because when I select that I want to receive confirmation I don't get an e-mail. Only when I tick "No e-mail" I get mail confirmation after submitting a form.

That actually sounds like a bug then, can you confirm if there is any issue if the {form_name} quick tag is used in the subject instead? I'm just preparing the next update which is likely next week.

That actually sounds like a bug then, can you confirm if there is any issue if the {form_name} quick tag is used in the subject instead? I'm just preparing the next update which is likely next week.

Hi, {form_name} doesn't work either in the subject. Still shows as {form_name} when the mail arrives.

Hi, thank you for the bug fixes. However I noticed another bug. When I receive an e-mail it does not display international characters like åäö correctly ( at least not in Outlook 2013). The weird thing is that the subject in the mail is displayed correctly but not the text in the body

Eg. the your name field should be Carl Hagström and Subject: Test ämne

Hi Support Team,
Name: Carl Hagström
Email:
xxx@xxx.xx

Your Name: Carl Hagström
Email Address: xxx@xxx.xx
Phone number: 12345678
Subject: Test ämne
Priority: Normal

Hi, thank you for the bug fixes. However I noticed another bug. When I receive an e-mail it does not display international characters like åäö correctly ( at least not in Outlook 2013). The weird thing is that the subject in the mail is displayed correctly but not the text in the body

Thanks for reporting, Is this only an issue in emails and with Outlook? Have you tried another email service like Gmail for example?

Thanks for reporting, Is this only an issue in emails and with Outlook? Have you tried another email service like Gmail for example?

It the same with gmail. However i have worked around it for now. For some reason it has to do with how I format the e-mail. If I don't use a space between : and {value} the email correctly displays ÅÄÖ. Eg If  I write "Description: {value}" It does not display correctly but "Description:{value}" does.

I noticed another important bug. When I choose Send own email. It correctly sends with the senders e-mail address but the senders name is the receivers name. Very annoying for us who use it to send e-mails to our support team. All e-mails look like this: "Support Center <carl.hagstrom@email.com>" where Support center is the receiver and carl.hagstrom@email,com is the sender, It should be "Carl Hagstrom <carl.hagstrom@email.com>"

Finally I would like complete control of the e-mail message. As it is now it always appends "Hi Support team," before my customized message. 

Thanks,

Carl

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with recent install with your plugin that when someone submits a form they get the following:

i have too , what is this problem ?

I'll need both ftp and admin cp login details to troubleshoot this further. That error really could be just about anything.

i found , bug date , when you add field have format with date , hope will fix it soon , for now just put text in place of date

Just to clarify you mean adding a "Date" custom field?

I'll need both ftp and admin cp login details to troubleshoot this further. That error really could be just about anything.

Just to clarify you mean adding a "Date" custom field?

yes , i tested and confirmed , bug when you add "date" in custom field