Videos Support

I've released a new version that contains a few critical bug fixes, including an issue with the view new content page.

​Thanks for fixing that issue - I was not aware that Videos was the cause of this error.

I downloaded the new version (from DevFuse) and after upgrade my testboard is down. There might be an issue with my database or my skintemplate also. I have the following error

09:22:41 +0000 (Severity: 4)
89.11.148.90 - http://www.xxxx.no/
Template store key: template_1_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global rebuilding and requested again (core, front, global)
-

On 15/06/2015 at 10:14 PM, Gabe Powless said:

Thanks for the help, it totally worked. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and it worked.

No problem. One thing i will mention. Bug-wise. IF you dont use tags you cant seem to turn them off for video categories yet. The setting exists it just does not seem to save :D but the plugin author has been cool at fixing bugs so far so i would not worry.

Thanks for fixing that issue - I was not aware that Videos was the cause of this error.

I downloaded the new version (from DevFuse) and after upgrade my testboard is down. There might be an issue with my database or my skintemplate also. I have the following error

I'm sorry but will need board access to troubleshoot this further. I haven't had any reported issues like that and the template location would it's more general but I'm happy to take a look and see what I can find.

Just installed again after fixing my testboard. Notice that Thumbnails are not loading on my testsite. Is there some recaching I need to do?

I notice that videos with æøå in the videotitle does not work in 4.0 - but work nicely in 3.4.7

1. Very latest version of IPB4 and Videos app?
  2. Fresh install or upgrade from IPB 3.4 Videos app?
  3. If you view the source, where is the thumbnail currently linking to? Full url or relative path of some sort?

Not seeing any issue with those characters. Have you confirmed that it works in the topic titles as well? The Videos app uses pretty standard IPB4 code, so really shouldn't have an issue parsing it that IPB4 itself wouldn't have.

1) yes

2) I have on my board 3.4.7 and converted that Database to another domain and installed the latest videos app there.

3) thumbnail has the following format

http://www.xxx.no/1/monthly_05_2015/thumb_125.jpg

While on my board the link is like

http://www.fjellforum.no/uploads/videos/thumbnails/monthly_05_2015/thumb_127.jpg

Edit: And yes. Topic titles and forumnames with ÆØÅ æøå is working - but not with the videosapp. In 3.4.7 it is OK. I can give you access.

Edited by Kjell Iver Johansen

1) yes

2) I have on my board 3.4.7 and converted that Database to another domain and installed the latest videos app there.

3) thumbnail has the following format

I will need board access (ftp+acp) to troubleshoot this further. There's just too much complexity around the file storage and the recent changes for me to guess what could be wrong here.

Hi, is there a way to edit once I submit a video? When I click on Manage, it only gives option to Move or Hide. 

Also how do you UnHide a video? Where does it go? 

Please see ACP > Community > Videos > Permissions and set your permissions for your user group and others. Particular the permission to edit videos and who can manage videos.

Hi Mike

We just bought your application

Installed the tar as you say

but then this error message is showing when we visit the /video/ page :

Sorry there is a problem

Something wrong happened. Please try again

Error code  EX0

we tried to reinstall the app, but no change

no problem to configure the settings, add video categories etc but only this error showing in "front"

What can we do ?

tx for your help,

Edited by Charlie_IPB

The Videos app has been updated and includes several more bug fixes.

but then this error message is showing when we visit the /video/ page

I'll need both ftp and admin cp login details to investigate this further.

Edited by Mike John

Ok fixed for us

For those who have the same issue, chmod all the files / folders of your theme (recursively)

Great app tx Mike

I see we can only show the last videos on the video homepage

would be great to be able to show categories too

like the five last videos of category 1

the five last videos of category 2

etc

how can we do that ?

tx a lot