(NB40) Pinned Posts

Thanks - I'm happy you came with an upgrade to this plugin. I've just installed on my testboard and I can't get it to work.

There might be some fingertrouble on my side. 

​Hello,

Any errors?

Do you see the pin button?

Edited by newbie LAC
:)

I just upgraded to latest version - 4.0.7. 

​Hello,

Not tested on 4.0.7 I'll update today.

I don't know if it was like that earlier - but everytime I pin or unpin - theres a black box on top of the browser. Should be some text inside there? No big deal - just would mention it.

​Yes. This is flash message with text.

I'll upload new version comming soon

separators.thumb.png.d0c70dbbf14bdb98952

Edited by newbie LAC

It's a little disheartening to see developers splitting these seemingly trivial tasks like this into multiple modules, and its not just this developer. It a few years its just going to get crazy keeping up with all these modules.

Pinned Topics & Pinned posts

I think the developer would get a more favorable response it the above two were in the same module.

Just my two cents...

A Best Answer mod isn't so simple. It MUST be tied into everything related to awards like the core. It's useless to have a reputation/like system if BA doesn't factor into the final equation. User cards need to have BA's appear, which is probably at least as significant if not more than Likes. Promotions need to be tied in along with a value associated to BA. While I like the simple concept of "pinning" a single post, the proper execution of a BA mod really needs the whole gamut you'd expect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Bug detected:

After pinning first post in topic, which hasn't another posts, I'm getting error EX2.

Log:

Tue, 07 Jul 2015 11:14:36 +0000 (Severity: 2)
95.108.132.187 - http://site/forum/topic/8997-tplus-kachestvennyiy-takelazh-dinamicheskie-stropyi-shaklyi/
ErrorException
2: Creating default object from empty value
#0 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/init.php(431) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Creating defaul...', '/var/www/offroa...', 57, Array)
#1 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(190): IPS\forums\hook71->comments(NULL, NULL, 'date', 'asc', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)
#2 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#3 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(45): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(40): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#6 /var/www/offroad4x4club.com/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}