IPS4 Feature Plan

NewRockRabbit

I'm not sure whether anyone has commented on this so far (cause the search function on this site is so flaky :drool:), but I would like to say that the new 'IPS4 Feature Plan' is a fantastic resource, which both answers many questions and is beautifully laid out. Hopefully it'll stop some of the repetitive arguments as well (although I'm just waiting for the 'why is xyz not in your feature plan' thread :lol:). Nice one IPS.

http://community.invisionpower.com/4featureplan/

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Management

​This is done with pages, right? Could you please explain how exactly you guys designed that page?

​We just edited the database template HTML and field format options. Of course we duplicated the defaults first into a new category for this database.

categoryHeader.txt

categoryTable.txt

recordRow.txt

The status field used the built in custom format option:

Status Field custom format.txt

And we did a linked CSS resource for the page:

status.css.txt

Edit: or you can dowload the attached Database export and import it into your Pages 4 install. (maybe - I didn't test it :) )

IPS4_Feature_Plan.xml

Content Highlights -- this is the kind of feature that makes me re-invigorated for IPS 4.    

It leverages the power of the entire suite, to offer something that transcends any particular module.  It also offers a ton of opportunities for really interesting and cool feeds.  Am I the only one that thinks this is the kind of killer feature that makes IPS 4 worthwhile?? It's stuff like this that truly distinguish the suite from its competitors.   

• Management

Content Highlights -- this is the kind of feature that makes me re-invigorated for IPS 4.    

It leverages the power of the entire suite, to offer something that transcends any particular module.  It also offers a ton of opportunities for really interesting and cool feeds.  Am I the only one that thinks this is the kind of killer feature that makes IPS 4 worthwhile?? It's stuff like this that truly distinguish the suite from its competitors.   

​I think you hit the big point that distinguishes our Suite from competitors: the fact that it's a Suite. It's not just a forum, just a blog, just a CMS, etc. but it's a true Suite of apps that can talk to each other and share data.

​We just edited the database template HTML and field format options. Of course we duplicated the defaults first into a new category for this database.

categoryHeader.txt

categoryTable.txt

recordRow.txt

The status field used the built in custom format option:

Status Field custom format.txt

And we did a linked CSS resource for the page:

status.css.txt

Edit: or you can dowload the attached Database export and import it into your Pages 4 install. (maybe - I didn't test it :) )

IPS4_Feature_Plan.xml

​it's very nice of you :)

It's back, now with the ability to Like the features you like most :) 

Database record activity like “Like” and rate(?) in the list view? Wow, that’s great. 

​Someone should really turn the creation of that page into a tutorial. 

Database record activity like “Like” and rate(?) in the list view? Wow, that’s great. 

​Someone should really turn the creation of that page into a tutorial. 

​The Like thing is actually really simple because everything in IPS4 is modular. As long as the reputation template has the variable for the record, you can put it anywhere you like. So in the list template, I added:

{{if $row instanceof \IPS\Content\Reputation and settings.reputation_enabled}}
	<div class='ipsSpacer_top ipsSpacer_half ipsType_center'>
		{template="reputationMini" app="core" group="global" params="$row"}
	</div>
{{endif}}

And that's it - nothing else required.

Archived