Iwooo reacted to NathanR for a file, Power Contest
Power Contest Plugin for IP.Board
This plugin we’ve created allows you to facilitate and run posting contests on your forums. The entire process of keeping track and calculating points is all done automatically in real-time.
By running posting contests you can generate more traffic, encourage fresh & quality content creation, and reward your users.
Power Contest includes a full page dedicated to viewing, searching, sorting and filtering results along with a widget you can add to your forum’s home/index page.
1. Contest Start Date – Define date to begin the contest
2. Contest End Date – Define date to end the contest
3. Points Per Reaction Received – Define how many points a reaction to your post or thread is worth
4. Points Per Thread/Topic – Define how many points a new topic is worth
5. Points Per Post – Define how many points a post is worth
6. Minimum Post Length – Define how many characters a post must be to qualify for points
7. Forums to Include – Define what forums to include/exclude from the contest
8. Groups to Include – Define which user groups are eligible/excluded from the contest
9. Contest Module Permissions – Setting for user groups allowed to view the “Current Standings” front end application
1. Login to the AdminCP and navigate to the “Applications” tab.
2. Click the “Install” button.
3. Select the Application file and click Install
4. Now that your application is installed you can configure the settings by navigating to Community -> Power Contest -> Settings
5. Next go to your theme and setup the new navigation item so that users can find the Power Contest statistics on the front end if desired.
View the demo!
Support & Feature Requests
All support is provided on our Web Development Forums. If you have a feature you’d like to request you can do so by posting it here.
Iwooo reacted to Flitterkill for a file, Confirm Email Address
This plugin adds another email address field on the new member registration form for the user to confirm the email address.
On submission, if the two email fields do not match the registration will not process and the form will reappear with a message indicating those two email addresses did not match.
The remaining fields and choices will still retain previously filled in information. The user will just need to correct the email addresses and re-submit.
This DOES work with the register after posting feature. When the user enters their email address and post content and then hits save, they are taken to the usual user registration form with the email address field pre-filled with their entry. The confirm email field is beneath, and works, as expected.
This validation occurs AFTER a user submits the registration form, not via jQuery live on the form after they enter both email addresses.
Also important: Users of IPS Commerce can require purchases of items on registration, the user registration form created by Commerce for checkout purposes does NOT get this email validation form field, and likely never will (reasons...). Feel free to lobby IPS for a built-in email validation field!
Version 2 is for Invision Community 4.4 and above exclusively. Confirmed working with 4.5
For 4.3.6 and lower please use version 1.
This is a free resource, written a long while back, with the expectation that IPS would build in this feature themselves eventually.
Iwooo reacted to Flitterkill for a file, Show Signatures to Guests
This plugin will display member's signatures to Guests. 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 compatible.
September 2020 Edit: I see people are still downloading this...
ACP - Members - Member Settings - Profiles - Profile Settings
Enable Signatures, and then one of the new options is to display to guests.
This plugin has not been needed at all for at least a year now, this is built in as of 4.4
I'll leave this around for now but eventually this will get culled. Obviously, this will not be available in the 4.5 ACP Marketplace, and, just as obvious, this will not be updated or supported.
Iwooo reacted to Michael.J for a file, Auto Welcome
To put it simply, it welcomes newly registered members. It will welcome them with an optional personal message, email or topic alert. From there you can further customize each pm, email or topic message, the subject / title and so on. It also has the ability to welcome members that are added manually through the Admin CP.
Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.