This entry is about our IPS Community Suite 4.2 release.
Improving your SEO can be a complex undertaking with many different approaches but there are things that everyone knows are good practice and also more modern approaches to SEO that have changed since we first started developing IPS Community Suite. So it was time for a review and update.
Unfortunately no pretty screenshots on this one as this is all behind the scenes stuff but still quite useful to know . Also, some of this may sound a bit technical and dry but feel free to search some of these technologies if you are curious.
- Move from HTML structured data to JSON-LD and enhance our existing markup with sensible additions.
- Calendar, blog, forum and pages (articles) data marked up for rich snippets.
- General review of our schema.org markup and enhance where appropriate. Use sitelinks search and other sensible markup such as the website and logo markup.
- Allow administrators to specify social profile links in the AdminCP which we then show links to in the footer and also make available in schema.org markup.
- Fix many duplicate page title issues.
- Review and ensure nofollow/noindex tags are used in appropriate areas.
- Add item tags as HTML meta tags
- Adding <link rel="next" value="next page url"> helps search engines know next/previous page.
Nothing like a bulleted list of items to get you excited! But really these should be welcome improvements to all.